Management Reporting and Expenses Manager
7 days left
- Contract Type
Management Reporting and Expenses Manager
We have a very exciting opportunity in our Management Reporting and Planning team, based at our Bexhill HQ on the stunning Sussex Coast. This position is ideal for a confident and outgoing Finance professional who is;
- Skilled in delivering monthly financial reporting, running budgeting and forecasting and preparing financial analysis and insight
- Accustomed to interacting with Exec level internal partners
- Able to appropriately translate and present analysis to varying audiences
- Extremely organised and deadline focused, accustomed to working in a fast paced environment
- A proven team leader able to manage and motivate people
The purpose of this role is to provide insight to key stakeholders around the business, to support effective decision making and connect the board to business performance. This team provides insightful reporting and leadership in financial planning for our business.
Reporting into the Head of FP&A, the Management Reporting and Expenses Manager leads a team of up to 6 (qualified and junior management accountants and analysts), and is responsible for managing all core delivery processes to ensure delivery of the main Management Reporting outputs, for driving continuous improvement in the quality of analysis and insight, and deputising for the Head of Management Reporting and Planning.
Your remit will include the following;
- Lead and manage an effective team which consistently delivers the vision of the MRAP function
- Plan, build and deliver accurate and insightful budgets and financial plans
- Manage core reporting processes including the production of insightful monthly reporting, rolling forecasts and external presentations ensuring complete accuracy and efficient processes throughout
- Lead on expense processes including maintenance of systems and processes, owning delivery of analysis and outputs
- Manage consensus reporting for the investor relations team and provide support with external messaging
- Own the Financial Planning component of TM1 system including planning and coordinating the delivery of system enhancements as necessary
- Deputise the Head of Management Reporting and Planning
- Responsible for presenting to and liaising with group executive and senior management on a regular basis to provide analysis of group financial performance and to support group decision making
- Ensure that you (and any direct reports) are meeting customers’ fair and reasonable expectations and provide fair outcomes. Question and challenge peers and managers where processes and procedures do not meet these expectations and any activity that does not place customers’ interests at the heart of how we do business
- Complete training as mandated by the company and regulated by the FCA
- Ensure that self and direct reports achieve and demonstrate levels of competence required to fulfil job requirements
Hastings Direct is a fast growing, agile, digitally focused general insurance provider of products and services to over 2.7 million customers in the UK. We've significantly grown our customer base over the last three years and we now employ over 3,400 colleagues
It's our attitude and the way we run our business that makes us different. We focus on getting it right for our colleagues, customers, company and community. It's a dynamic, flexible, fun and constantly changing environment. You'll enjoy the scope to make a real difference for our customers, influence our company, benefit the communities we work in and have some fun along the way.
- ACCA or CIMA qualified
- Experience in analytical and management reporting roles with a focus on delivery
- Experience managing a team of qualified finance professionals
- Financial planning and budgetary experience
- Group consolidation experience
- Microsoft Office – particularly Excel and PowerPoint to a high standard
- Experience in delivering process improvement and managing change
- TM1 Finance System knowledge is highly advantageous
- As a growing business, your role can really help make an impact on both the development and delivery of this function – it will be exciting, busy, varied and challenging so a roll sleeves up, hands-on approach is an absolute must.
- Natural problem solver who communicates effectively to all internal partners.
- This is a dynamic, fast paced working environment – candidates should be comfortable working within that setting and demonstrate a proactive working style.
- Great attention to detail – systematic approach to managing your workload.
- Embraces opportunities to develop and learn – shows a great level of self-awareness and drive.
Benefits for you
Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct;
- Competitive basic salary which we will share with you upon shortlisting, but do feel free to email the Recruitment team for more details in advance of your application – email@example.com
- £5,000 car allowance
- Flexible working opportunities working 1-2 days a week from home
- Up to 10% bonus earning potential
- 27 days holiday
- Life assurance
- Single cover private medical
- Flexible benefits – buy or sell holidays, opt in dental and healthcare cash plans
- Discounted Hastings Direct products
This role was posted 31.05.19 and will close 28.06.19
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.