Data Analytics Graduate Scheme
7 days left
- Contract Type
Data Analytics Graduate Scheme
To complete over a period of two years, placements in Underwriting and Retail Pricing & Data Science to build knowledge, technical skills and understanding of these departments ready to secure a promotional new analytics type role by the end of the scheme.
- To participate and complete agreed rotational graduate placements within Underwriting and Retail Pricing and Data Science.
- To undertake set project based activities and work during placements, engaging with different stakeholders across the business as required.
- Attend and participate in all required development courses, including completion of any technical skills training and courses.
- Learn the company’s current advanced analytical/data science techniques, explore and evaluate new tools, platforms, and methods for insight generation.
- Develop predictive models and algorithms to support business decisions.
- Mine large & growing volumes of data to find actionable insights to drive ongoing improvements.
- Deliver new market-ready insights through efficient use of machine learning technologies.
- Leverage the company’s data enrichment opportunities, evaluating new data sources in a methodical manner and in a reasonable time-frame, and investigate and expand the list of new sources to test through marketplace reviews and vendor and trade discussions.
- Be part of a production oriented team.
- Clear presentation of analytic findings and guiding next steps at various points in product life-cycle.
- Run optimisations to achieve commercial trading objectives and spot market opportunities.
- Design, implement and analyse tests and ensure the learning statistical best practice is upheld.
- To seek personal development, challenges and new technical ability whilst on placements.
- To work alongside an appointed mentor in order to further personal and professional development.
- Ensure that you (and any direct reports) are meeting customers’ fair and reasonable expectations and provide fair outcomes. Question and challenge peers and managers where processes and procedures do not meet these expectations and any activity that does not place customers’ interests at the heart of how we do business.
- Complete training as mandated by the company and regulated by the FCA.
- Ensure that self and direct reports if in place achieve and demonstrate levels of competence required to fulfil job requirements
Skills Knowledge & Experience
- Strong mathematical capabilities including probability, statistics, advanced mathematics, and numerical analysis.
- Exposure to the statistical packages R and/or Python or equivalent.
- Self-aware – you are clear on your strengths and development areas.
- An inquisitive nature.
- The desire to learn & keep up with the latest technologies to stay ahead of the curve.
- Very good communication skills; experience presenting results to others.
- Excellent skills in logic and problem-solving.
- Some experience working with programming and coding packages (e.g Java, C).
- Work or study exposure in financial services, preferably insurance.
- A university degree, which has had a strong emphasis on statistic and data analysis such as Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Sciences etc.
Competitive salary associated with this position - please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks