Senior Operations Manager
7 days left
- Contract Type
Senior Operations Manager
Due to continued growth and expansion of our brand, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Commercially focused leader to join our Telematics team.
Leading our external and internal operations working collaboratively with the wider business areas, to ensure strong level of governance.
Hastings Direct is a fast growing, digitally focused general insurance provider of products and services to over 2.7 million customers in the UK. We've doubled our customer base in just three years and we now employ over 3,400 colleagues.
It's our attitude and the way we run our business that makes us different. We focus on getting it right for our colleagues, customers, company and community. It's a dynamic, flexible, fun and constantly changing environment. You'll enjoy the scope to make a real difference for our customers, influence our company, benefit the communities we work in and have some fun along the way.
You will report directly into our Head of Telematics, partnering our third party suppliers ensuring we have the right level of governance in place externally and internally to achieve our objectives, and in turn that our partners are delivering on their commitments to us.
Based at our Group Head office, down by the sea in Bexhill, this is a great opportunity to make a real difference for our colleagues and customers, ensuring key operational requirements are being met.
Your remit will include the following:
- Lead on our third party relationships to ensure we have the appropriate level of governance in place and we’re achieving our aligned objective and acting as a good partner
- Ensuring management of monthly and annual meetings with senior stakeholders are in place
- Supporting to drive continuous improvements in our relationships with partners
- Managing operational performance (e.g, service levels) and acting as the key point of contact for all day to day operations both internally and externally and ensuring a strong level of governance is in place
- Ensuring our all regulatory obligations are met (inc. new initiatives) as well as management of the Telematics risk register and breaches managed quickly and effectively with key stakeholders aware of current statuses
- Responsible for ensuring clear and documented processes within Telematics to reduce single points of failure
- Responsible for cost management in the team, ensuring our operational spend is on target whilst also looking for new cost efficiencies
Skills and experience we are looking for:
- Basic commercial awareness and an understanding of what makes a successful and profitable business
- Excellent communication skills and stakeholder management at all levels
- The ability to work under pressure and prioritize accordingly
- Experience working with 3rd parties
- Experience of managing internal and external operations
- Ability to manage key operational SLAs
- Good knowledge of MS Excel
As a growing business this role is critical to our delivery and success, it will be exciting, busy, varied and challenging so a roll sleeves up, hands-on approach is an absolute must.
- Natural problem solver and decision maker, who communicates effectively to all stakeholders.
- This is a dynamic, fast paced working environment – candidates should be comfortable working within that setting and demonstrate a proactive working style.
- Great attention to detail – systematic approach to managing your workload.
- Embraces opportunities to develop and learn – shows a great level of self-awareness and drive.
Benefits for you
Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct;
- Highly competitive basic salary which we will share with you upon shortlisting, but do feel free to email the Recruitment team for more details in advance of your application – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Up to 10% bonus earning potential
- £5K car allowance
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays!
- Life assurance
- Competitive pension
- Flexible benefits – buy or sell holidays
- Discounted Hastings Direct products
- Discounted rail travel
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.