Finance Graduate Programme – Assistant Accountant
7 days left
- Contract Type
Finance Graduate Programme – Assistant Accountant
Our graduate programme has been successfully placing graduates for 4 years now at Hastings Direct, and helped us to promote, support and celebrate some fantastic talent that has helped to grow and evolve our Finance department.
Each year we recruit a few talented graduates into positions that will rotate across our Finance department, affording our ambitious, bright graduates, the opportunity to really understand which path will suit them best at the end of the programme, whilst also offering a rounded and commercial view of how our department adds value. We will support you with funding and time to gain your ACCA qualification, via a Level 7 Accountancy apprenticeship.
This is a three-year programme, where you will take on four challenging placements, each lasting nine months. The programme spans across the whole of Finance, supporting key accounting teams, and within these placements you will develop the core competencies expected of a leading finance professional. We will also support and develop you to give you the skills to be one of our future Finance leaders.
The placements could be within the following areas, more details will be shared at assessment;
· Business Partnership (Analyst)
· Management Reporting and Planning
By the end of the programme we would hope you secure a mid-level position within our function and become a mentor to future graduates, and importantly, make a significant contribution towards the value and performance of our department.
Hastings graduate scheme has been highly successful, and 1 in 7 of all our finance team are either current or former members of our graduate scheme. We are very proud of our ability to provide long term progression to our alumni.
Hastings Direct is a fast growing, agile, digitally focused general insurance provider of products and services to over 2.7 million customers in the UK. We've significantly grown our customer base over the last three years and we now employ over 3,400 colleagues
It's our attitude and the way we run our business that makes us different. We focus on getting it right for our colleagues, customers, company and community. It's a dynamic, flexible, fun and constantly changing environment. You'll enjoy the scope to make a real difference for our customers, influence our company, benefit the communities we work in and have fun along the way.
· University degree, minimum 2:1 – relevant degrees preferred but not essential, several of our brightest graduates have graduated with unrelated degrees
·Ability to take the lead – great initiative and driver to deliver
·Self-aware – you are clear on your strengths and development areas and able to build a well-recognised brand around your strengths
· Ability to contribute to the conversation – comfortable with varying stakeholders
· Able to challenge the norm, consider a range of views and drive and embed change
· Sound understanding of how the business works – absorbs knowledge and applies it in a meaningful way
· Agility and ability to move from task to task quickly and handle many things at once
Interview Process & timeline in brief
·Shortlisted applications can expect to have a conversation with a member of the Recruitment team within 2 weeks of their application
· Candidates who have successfully passed the telephone interview stage will then be invited to present either via SKYPE or at the Bexhill HQ – candidates preference
· Assessments will take place in June 2019, dates will be discussed during the process
Benefits for you
You will have ample support and guidance from our graduate community and rotational managers, coupled with ACCA funding and dedicated study time to help you succeed! Your success is our success.
Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct;
· Competitive basic salary which we will share with you upon shortlisting, but do feel free to email the Recruitment team for more details in advance of your application – firstname.lastname@example.org
· Investment in your funded ACCA exam with dedicated study time (via an apprenticeship)
· Flexibility to work from home
· Bonus earning potential
· Pension scheme
· 25 days holiday
·Flexible benefits – buy or sell holidays, cycle to work scheme, healthcare cash plan, childcare vouchers, life assurance, health screening and assessments, Share incentive plan – after 6 months service
·Discounted Hastings Direct products
· Employee discount scheme for large UK and online retailers
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.