Would you like to work for a modern, fresh thinking accountancy firm? Are you looking expand your accounting knowledge and progress your career with fully funded ACA training support? If so, we are looking for an Accounts Assistant to join our fast growing and friendly team.
Working in the heart of Brighton, this is a fantastic opportunity for individuals looking to start their journey towards becoming an ACA Chartered accountant and develop core accountancy skills. We offer superb technical training and extensive opportunities alongside a competitive salary and benefits package.
Overall job purpose
To assist our team members in providing efficient and effective accountancy services to a range of clients, while promoting the firm at all times.
- Prepare accounts, corporation tax returns, VAT returns and self-assessment returns under supervision to the required standard to ensure files are prepared and documented with sufficient evidence for review.
- Produce account analysis and control account reconciliation schedules for inclusion on the assignment file which agree to the financial statements as requested by the assignment Manager.
- To treat client staff with respect and courtesy, and to practice the principles of excellent client service at all times.
- To ensure quality at all times as directed by the Manager.
- Carry out duties assigned by the Manager efficiently, thoroughly and in accordance with the firm’s procedures.
- Maintain contact with the Manager ensuring they are fully informed of findings arising from the work undertaken, so that any problems can be satisfactorily resolved.
- Clear all review points raised on the work prior to files being passed to managers.
- Attend staff meetings and training as required.
- Train towards a recognised accountancy qualification (ACA).
- Recognise when information provided by the client is incomplete and inaccurate and take steps to rectify this.
- Ensure that timescales and deadlines set down are achieved, seeking advice regarding the resolution of issues and problems as appropriate.
- Carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the role and its grading, as requested by the Manager.
Personal and professional qualities
The role requires:
- Accounting, Business or other relevant degree (2.2 grade or above) or AAT Qualified (first time passes)
- A minimum of one years’ experience within an Accountancy Practice and/or similar role (preferable).
- Work experience gained in a client or customer facing environment would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping (preferable)
- A minimum of 5 GCSE’s at A-C grade, including a B in maths and English