Weekend Part Time Chef
20hrs - Alternative Weekends - Saturday & Sunday (10hrs per day, 9am - 7pm)
£5,661 plus weekend enhancements (£21,230 FTE)
Chestnut Tree House, Arundel
Chestnut Tree House, near Arundel is the children's hospice for East and West Sussex and South East Hampshire. We provide specialist palliative care for children and young people with life-shortening conditions.
To assist in providing a high quality catering service for the children and young people, visitors, staff and volunteers at Chestnut Tree House.
Principal duties and responsibilities
- You will be responsible for the preparation, cooking and presentation of meals for children, young people and staff, ensuring that the individual needs of the children and young people are met
- You will be in charge of the kitchen during your shifts with responsibility for the supervision of the catering team
- You will ensure that statutory and environmental regulations are met
- You must also have the flexibility to cover for staff absences during the weekends
- The successful candidate will have City and Guilds 706/1 and 706/2 or NVQ equivalent, and a Basic Food Hygiene certificate
- Some experience of working in a catering environment is essential, preferably within a health-related environment working to special dietary requirements
- You will need to have good communication skills and the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
Due to the remote location and lack of public transport, access to your own transport is essential.
- Enrolment onto our company pension scheme
- Up to 35 days’ annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Free parking
- Option to join Healthcare Cash Plan
- Corporate Rate Gym Membership
An enhanced DBS will be sought, if you are successful in this role. The safe recruitment of staff at St Barnabas Hospices is the first step to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults in our care. As an employer we expect all staff and volunteers to share our commitment to safeguarding.
If you have the passion and drive to succeed, please visit our website for an application form and job description. Alternatively, you can email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, please clearly state which post you are applying for.