HGV Driver – Newhaven
HGV Driver – Newhaven
Parker Building Supplies is building Sussex and Kent’s future, one brick and block at a time. We supply a huge range of building, plumbing and joinery materials alongside specialist ironmongery, kitchens and bathrooms from 15 locations across the region – so wherever you are working you’ll find a Parker’s branch with knowledgeable staff ready to help and a delivery service second to none. We are proud to be Sussex and Kent’s favourite independent builder’s merchant.
We have five specialist divisions covering the complete range of building materials, plumbing supplies, kitchens, joinery and architectural ironmongery – over 10,000 products all at competitive prices. Our 15 heavy side branches are supplemented by specialist divisions, Parker Building Supplies, Parker Kitchens, Parker Plumbing Supplies, Parker Joinery & Parker Ironmongery
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a full time Class 2 HGV Driver with crane experience at our branch in Newhaven.
What you will be responsible for:
Ensuring goods are transported to customers in a safe and efficient manner and in accordance with company procedures.
- Ensuring security of goods carried are at the highest level
- Ensure compliance with all transport procedures throughout the operation
- Ensure all required documentation is completed accurately and in line with legislation
- To report any accident or damage to any equipment or machinery
- Maintain excellent service levels
- Ensure road worthiness of vehicle before leaving the yard by carrying out a safety check, taking appropriate action where necessary
- During quieter periods, assisting yard staff and serving customers in the yard
- Keeping vehicle clean and tidy
HOURS OF WORK
Full time – Up to 45 hours per week.
The branch opening hours are Monday to Friday from 07.00 – 17.30 and Saturdays from 08.00 to 12.30. You would be required to work 45 hours per week between these opening hours.
Who we are looking for:
- The ideal Class 2 HGV Hiab Driver will have a friendly and outgoing nature and can work independently and within a team.
- An HGV Licence at Class 2 or above required and previous experience of HGV Driving essential.
- The successful applicant will have strong logistical and geographical knowledge, excellent interpersonal skills and be self-motivated, flexible, and adaptable.
- The successful applicant would ideally have experience with building materials and with remote controlled lorry mounted crane offloading, but full Health and Safety training will be given. A fork lift licence would also be preferable.
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE
In return for your hard work, we offer an excellent benefit package including a highly competitive rate of pay, a monthly bonus scheme, pension, discounted staff purchasing, WPA healthcare and long service benefits.
Apply for HGV Driver – Newhaven
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly