Assistant Restaurant Manager, Egham
ASSISTANT RESTAURANT MANAGER
Great Fosters Hotel, AA Hotel of the Year 2018 and the most recent addition to Alexander Hotels a private group of luxury hotels of distinction just outside London.
A Grade 1 listed building in 50 acres of stunning gardens and parkland in Egham, Surrey.
4 Red Stars, 43 bedrooms spread across the Hotel and adjoining Cloisters and Coach House. A room or suite to meet every expectation. For dining the Award Winning Tudor Room with 1 Michelin Star and 4 Rosettes, as well as the Estate Grill, with 2 Rosettes, which offers a delicious range of dining choices. A beautiful 14th century Tithe Barn is available for functions together with the Orangery, the Conservatory and a range of other meeting and private dining rooms.
Please see the Hotels website for a full list of facilities and sample menus. www.greatfosters.co.uk
Assisting our Restaurant Manager with food and beverage service standards across;
- Estate Grill Restaurant (40 covers)
- Garden Room (private dining for 18 covers)
- Cocktail Bar serving morning coffee, light lunches and pre and after dinner drinks
- Afternoon tea service (70-90 covers on a Saturday and Sunday with additional table outside rising to 120 over the summer months)
You will be responsible for supporting the Restaurant Manager in the managing of a full time team of 16-20 to deliver outstanding standards of service. We are seeking someone with passion for food, wine and service who will inspire and drive standards to even higher heights. Someone who possesses excellent team management and organisation skills to get the best out of the team.
The restaurant is open to residents and non residents so caterers for a wide range of discerning clients with many regular patrons. Service for guests covers breakfast, lunch and dinner 7 days per week so candidates must be available for flexible shift patterns across 5 days including weekends.
The team consists of a permanent team of 16-20 with additional casual employees for peak periods.
Main Duties Include;
- Ensuring the restaurant/bar is prepared for service
- Meeting and greeting guests
- Taking guest orders
- Effective rostering of employees
- Coaching employees to develop their skills and ensure service standards are met
- Serving food and beverage including alcoholic beverages and wines
- Completing satisfaction checks and action all feedback
- Resolving any service issues
- Presenting bills to guests and taking payment
- Ensuring the restaurant/bar is reset at the end of the shift ready for the next service
- Ensuring work area is clean and tidy before closing
- Working with the Director of Wines in selecting and sourcing wines to compliment the menu items and guest’s requirements
- Smart appearance
- Excellent communication skills with a passion for guest service
- Technical food and beverage knowledge to offer the required service and ability to develop the rest of the team
- Management/Supervisory experience within a top quality food service hotel/restaurant required (2 Rosette standard)
- Ability to manage and motivate a team of waiters/esses & bar staff to ensure excellence
- Must have your own transport due to semi - rural location
- Accommodation available in Egham for those relocating (£495 per month)
- 4 weeks holiday
- 8 Bank holidays
- Free car parking
- Employee uniform
In addition you will receive a range of company benefits including:
Discounted hotel accommodation for yourself and your family at all hotels
Discounted hair treatments at our two Utopia Spas
Discount off all food & beverage at all hotels
Discount of individual treatments booked in our two Utopia Spas
Discount on retail products in our two Utopia Spas
Refer a friend staff recruitment scheme In additional you will enjoy a range of other benefits when you celebrate your 1 yr, 3 yr and 5 yr anniversary including; your birthday off paid, complimentary overnight stays, complimentary lunch/afternoon tea and service related holiday