Senior Instructional Designer
- Contract Type
You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
The Global Servicing Learning Network (GSLN) is responsible for creating and delivering successful learning programs across the Global Servicing Network (GSN) for our newly hired colleagues and ensures that they continue to learn and develop throughout their tenure with the company. We support over 20,000 colleagues across the globe in 9 languages and in 20+ markets.
We are embarking on a multi-year, multi-million dollar transformation across all aspects of our business with an exciting new initiative called Chrysalis. Our vision is to create a next generation learning ecosystem that will deliver personalized and continuous learning at an accelerated pace to provide a consistent, world class customer experience every day.
We are looking for a Senior Instructional Designer to lead design projects that will emphasize learning that is engaging and interactive. We are looking for a leader that is accustomed to working in a matrix environment and will partner with leaders to define needs, translate business requirements into performance-based learning, and execute innovative learning strategies. Through this role, you will have the unique opportunity to shape the future of learning at American Express.
Offer of a position at American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
No two days will be alike, but there are some things you can count on. You will:
- Plan and manage instructional design projects
- Consult with business partners across geographies to define and craft the learning strategy and plans
- Promote collaboration, partnership and relationships among the participants and stakeholders in a design project
- Select, modify or create a design and development model appropriate for a given project
- Work with a team of instructional designers, who will design, develop, and build blended learning experiences
- Acquire and apply new technology skills to instructional design practice.
- Create the design outline for a curriculum or program
- Analyze existing curriculum to determine if there are changes in the learner knowledge base, technology and or the organization
- Design learning that reflects an understanding of the diversity of learners and groups of learners
- Ensure curricula and courses are mapped appropriately and published on Navigator in a timely manner
- Be a thought leader in instructional design and innovation
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Proven experience with Instructional Design and performance consulting in a matrix environment
- Required University Degree or higher in adult learning or equivalent work experience
- Required significant experience in Instructional Design
- Required ability to write/develop/publish training in Articulate and Captivate development tool
- Documented experience in building learning strategies and performance results
- Proven ability to Work with vendors and contractors
- Deep instructional design knowledge and application with the ability to convert this into engaging learning experiences
- Required ability to write strategic learning plans for curriculum
- The ability to apply concepts, techniques and theory of other disciplines to the problems of learning, instruction and design.
- Evaluate learning effectiveness using sound Instructional design assessment strategies
- Proven e-learning design and development experience and experience with designing, developing, and delivering and blended learning strategies.
- Proven project management and leadership skills and ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to build strong relationships at all levels in an organization
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time