Senior Manager, Benefits and Programme Marketing
Don’t just work for a market leading global company. Help grow one.
American Express entered the travel agency business in 1915 and is today one of the world’s largest travel networks. Over 100 years later the Travel and Lifestyle Services (TLS) organization remains at the forefront of delivering card member value with a focus on providing premium leisure travel and related lifestyle services to Card members through various offline and online channels around the globe. The global breadth of this team enables it to serve more Card Members whenever, wherever, and however they want to engage with American Express Travel & Lifestyle Services. And with each market tailoring its products and services to its unique customer base, Card members are provided with the guidance, protection, value and seamless experience which they look for when booking and enjoying travel.
The Senior Manager, Benefits & Programmes Marketing will join the Global Partnerships and Marketing (GPM) team; the dynamic, fast-paced team responsible for growing Card member engagement with TLS around the globe.
This newly created role will make a tangible impact to our global business by leading the strategy to drive engagement with premium benefits across air, cruise, and destination experiences globally. Sitting within a high-performing marketing team in London, you will work collaboratively with the Global Partnerships team based in New York, as well as multiple International markets, to promote clear and compelling benefits to our Card Members using digital and print channels to increase awareness and Card Member engagement with our programs.
Own marketing strategy and delivery across 22 international markets for key programs and benefits including:
- Airline Benefits (International Airline Programme [IAP])
- Travel Credit
- Cruise and Destination Experiences programmes
Create overarching go-to-market strategic approach for International Airline Programme, Travel Credit and Cruise and Destination Experiences programs to sell-in new opportunity across International markets and across relevant Card types accounting for:
- Programme nuances across 22 markets, 15 of which have IAP enabled online
- A cohesive global approach for each benefit via strong partnership with TLS Programme Marketing team, as well as Strategic Partnerships
- Partnership with Digital Customer Experience team to drive a seamless onsite customer journey of our premium programmes/benefits
- Integration with other marketing channels to communicate the value and opportunities these benefits provide Card Members
- Effectively translate each benefit’s key value proposition across core marketing channels in partnership with channel marketers, digital customer experience and card product teams; including channels such as the Mobile app, Email, Paid Search and Direct Mail
- Provide framework and working model from which channel and campaign marketers can build assets and deliver campaigns; own all marketing content in Benefits Hub and review local marketing inclusions via iMH process; create collaborative processes that define and socialize objectives, messaging hierarchy, timelines and key deadlines and communication plans for 2020 curriculum and beyond
- Be the subject matter expert on IAP, Travel Credit, Cruise and Destination Experiences internationally, as the go-to resource for various market-level requests as it relates to marketing assets, terms and conditions, and end-to-end journey recommendations
- Deliver country-by-country analysis and POV on effectiveness of Travel Credit as tool to drive long-term Card Member engagement and loyalty
- Manage and create the annual sales/bookings forecast for global Travel Credit redemptions, winning country-by-country; partnering with the Online Digital Customer Experience team & Finance
- Align with the wider global business for Travel Credit integration within core priorities such as Platinum Card refreshes, globally
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Experienced marketer; airline travel, reward /loyalty, premium marketing a plus
- International/ multi-market experience preferred
- Collaborative business partner who can build strong relationships, influence stakeholders and connect disparate groups and perspective toward a common goal
- Self-starter with proven experience building holistic marketing strategies to drive business goals and uplift customer experience
- Strategic; ability to see the bigger picture while remaining focused on driving business performance
- Strong project management skills; ability to mobilize and organize across multiple stakeholders, countries and projects
- Strong analytical skills; data-driven with ability to use insights to inform campaign strategy
- Highly organized, proven ability to develop efficient processes that elevate team performance and drive results
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Sales forecasting experience
- Proficient in Excel
- Flexible; ability to take initiative and adapt to a fast-paced environment undergoing rapid business growth
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time