1 day left
- Contract Type
Don’t just have a great idea, build it.
Who we are?
The American Express One Amex team is looking for DevOps engineers with expertise configuring, observing and supporting infrastructure across a variety of cloud platforms and technologies. The team is embarking on a transformation to cloud based technology and looking to grow with experts who can build a truly global and innovative platform.
The One Amex ecosystem is a truly disruptive part of the engineering organisation and is driving adoption of cutting-edge technologies and techniques. We are looking to build small but high performant teams within this to solve complex challenges, using an imbued DevOps culture of heavy automation and continuous deployment.
Working within the One Data department of the team you’ll have opportunity to make an impact on decisions involving best practises, tooling and CI/CD modernisation. Involved with colleagues all over the world you will establish a network of contacts not only to support but to share and collaborate with.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
As a beacon for change within the engineering organisation, a critical current project is to modernise platform infrastructure to embrace container orchestration across hybrid cloud solutions. Joining at the ground floor you’ll have opportunity to bring best commercial practises to large scale infrastructure that is running in parallel with initiatives to modernising development processes across engineering and evangelise strong DevOps practices. Working with well known public cloud providers, the goal will be a moving target as we continuously improve and harmonise the entire SDLC and platform supporting it.
- A demonstrable history of actively implementing DevOps best practises.
- Working knowledge of modern infrastructure architecture, networking and security principles.
- Expertise with one major public cloud provider: GCP/AWS
- Expertise in Kubernetes
- Working knowledge of distributed key value store systems and their support (ETCD, Consul or Zookeeper)
- High level of proficiency with least one modern programming language: Golang/Java/C++ or similar
- Familiar with Node JS and NPM
- Strong Linux experience
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
A competitive benefits offering designed to support our employees’ total health and wellbeing, including:
- Health care scheme
- Defined contribution pension plan
- Dental scheme
- Virtual GP
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Core holiday allowance with opportunity to buy or sell additional days
- A range of flexible benefits to choose from designed to suit your lifestyle: healthcare plan options, health assessments, critical illness coverage, cycle to work, season ticket loans
- Employee Discount Portal
- Back up childcare/adultcare
- Onsite facilities include; Fitness classes, Health Checks, Digital Health Kiosk, Physiotherapy, Healthy Living Nurse, Wellness Studio, Costa Coffee and subsidised staff restaurant
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (free phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on 810 800 83 000038.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time