Purchasing and Stores Assistant
2 days left
- Full Time
World Aero profile
World Aero is seeking a Purchasing and Stores Assistant to join our friendly and dynamic team on a permanent basis. World Aero was formed in 1999 to supply a variety of aircraft maintenance services. In 2008 our component MRO Business was established specialising in wheel and brake repairs. Our employees are highly valued and we thrive on working in a busy environment. Our high standards of quality and performance have allowed us to grow in a competitive and diverse marketplace whilst retaining our small team atmosphere promoting individual growth. World Aero offers a pension scheme, 28 days holiday with a loyalty bonus, progression reviews and the opportunity to work for a successful growing independent aviation company surrounded by a great team of people.
Purpose of Role
The principle objective of the Purchasing and Stores Assistant is to provide daily support to the Purchasing and Stores Supervisor to manage the purchase of goods and services. The role can be very fast paced and varied and would suit someone keen to succeed and progress.
Our working week is 37.5 hours, 09.00-17.30. Monday to Fridays
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Monitoring stock levels and identifying purchasing needs
- Sourcing part requirements, obtaining quotations and updating computer systems with pricing structures and obtained quotes.
- Price negotiations with suppliers to ensure cost targets are met.
- Tracking orders and ensuring timely delivery
- Organising logistics
- Developing relationships with suppliers and establishing a knowledge of available inventory
- Receiving parts and allocating to the workshop
- Ordering and management of workshop consumables
- Sending units for repair to third part contractors
- Checking market availability using online tools
- Any other duties as requested
The right candidate will have the following skills and attributes
- Previous experience within an aviation or purchasing role would be desirable although not essential
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- An organised individual with excellent attention to detail and a confident telephone manner
- Proficient IT skills, including Microsoft Excel and Word
- Good communication skills, written and verbal
- Numeracy skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritise workload and use own initiative
Applicants must have a valid permit to live and work in the UK
Apply for Purchasing and Stores Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly