Front End Developer
6 days left
- Contract Type
Front End Developer
Front End Developer - Hastings Direct
A fantastic opportunity if you’re looking for a new digital challenge, where you can make a real difference for our colleagues and customers very quickly.
Due to the continued growth and expansion of our brand, we are looking for a digitally focused front end developer.
Hastings Direct is a fast growing, digitally focused general insurance provider of products and services to over 2.7 million customers in the UK. We've doubled our customer base in just three years and we now employ over 3,400 colleagues.
It's our attitude and the way we run our business that makes us different. We focus on getting it right for our colleagues, customers, company and community. It's a dynamic, flexible, fun and constantly changing environment. You'll enjoy the scope to make a real difference for our customers, influence our company, benefit the communities we work in and have some fun along the way.
You will be responsible for delivering front end changes to our website, based our Group Head office in Bexhill-on-Sea
- Delivering front end change working and communicating effectively with all relevant business areas
- Supporting the use of Google Tag Manager (GTM) within the team
- Previous experience of working in a similar role and with Google Tag Manager (GTM) would be an advantage
Some of the skills and experience we’re looking for:
- Knowledge and experience of Google Tag Manager (GTM)
- Git and Gitflow
- Knowledge of build tools such as Webpack and Gulp
- Experience of UX & Design
- Responsive Web Design methodology (RWD)
Benefits for you
- Highly competitive basic salary which we will share with you upon shortlisting, but do feel free to email the Recruitment team for more details in advance of your application – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Flexible working opportunities working 1-2 days a week from home
- Up to 10% bonus earning potential
- £5K car allowance
- 27 days holiday
- Life assurance
- Competitive pension
- Flexible benefits – buy or sell holidays
- Discounted Hastings Direct products
As a growing business this role is critical to our delivery and success, it will be exciting, busy, varied and challenging so a roll sleeves up, hands-on approach is an absolute must.
- Natural problem solver who communicates effectively to all stakeholders.
- This is a dynamic, fast paced working environment – candidates should be comfortable working within that setting and demonstrate a proactive working style.
- Great attention to detail – systematic approach to managing your workload.
- Embraces opportunities to develop and learn – shows a great level of self-awareness and drive.
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.