Part-time Fundraiser required in Brighton
Fundraiser (16 hrs/week) Brighton based.
Friends of Brighton and Hove Hospitals are a charity working with the local NHS to enhance patient experience in our hospitals by providing equipment and initiatives that will make a difference to patient’s lives.
We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic person who has fundraising experience of organising events, working with community groups and businesses. Some experience of working in legacy fundraising would be advantageous. We are looking for someone who understands the fundraising environment and can demonstrate the relevant skills and experience required.
You will need to be an excellent communicator and confident in contacting supporters over the phone and via email. You will need to demonstrate your ability to be a real team player, as well as having the ability to work well on your own initiative. This is a busy role so the ability to prioritise your workloads and have an organised, methodical approach is essential.
The successful candidate will benefit from working in an established charity where your fundraising activities will have a direct impact on the lives of patients in the local hospitals. You will be working collaboratively with the group responsible for communications and alongside the charity’s admin team. Co-ordinating with trustees will be key to this role.
This will be a 12 month fixed term contract for services appointment (with the possibility of extending) with a 3-month probationary period from the start of the contract. Salary £18/hour, 16 hrs/week – Flexible working.
Preferred start date 1st October 2019.
- Implementing agreed activity plan within budget reporting to the Chair and vice chair of the Friends of Brighton and Hove Hospitals fundraising group and working closely with the administrator
- Successful delivery of fundraising activity plan
- Producing fundraising progress reports as required
- Development of new (in-memory/legacy) and existing income streams (individual, regular, business, events and community.
- Strong people skills
- Financially astute and experience of managing budgets
- Excellent communication, networking and interpersonal skills
- Some experience of social media platforms
- Good local knowledge, good local contacts
Please apply with your CV and covering letter for the attention of Emma Church.
Closing date for applications is August 16th 2019. Interviews will be wc/19th August 2019.