Director – UK Working Capital Optimization, Sales & Account Sales
Do the right thing for our customers, our company and your career.
This role will drive the Supplier Payments, Supply Chain Financing, Payables & Receivables and B2B strategy within the UK Global Commercial Services, through several strategic priorities.
This person will need experience in:
- Leadership of a high performing sales and account sales team actively managing a portfolio of payables and receivables customers.
- Alignment experience within a global matrix organization to identify and build a targeted self-generation sales strategy & campaigns and lead referrals.
- Working on international/global councils with experience from multi-markets to help build and execute B2B strategies as well as lobbying internally for investment etc.
- Strong working capital, treasury, supply chain financing, C- level engagement experience across EMEA and other regions.
- Strong ability to demonstrate experience to increase the knowledge base and pipeline of large B2B working capital sales team.
- Working with internal & external stakeholders in issuing/acquiring, finance and risk to increase the pipeline velocity of these deals, including the management of reverse targeting opportunities.
- Strong experience in developing and implementing marketing & partnership initiatives to deliver brand awareness and lead generation.
- Strong communication experience to demonstrate ability to public speak to large audience on working capital, treasury, and supply chain financing as well as global trends.
- Create a vision of the development of non T&E business across American Express.
This role will require:
- Development of a close working relationship with finance, setting up processes for deal P&L construction, review and sign off.
- Development of close working relationship with risk team and external partners, to address customer and merchant risk related queries.
- Customer facing deal support for the field, including subject matter expertise in terms of B2B deal construct design and pricing as well as attending sales meetings.
- B2B training and support for the acquisition sales team when necessary.
- Strategic ownership of opportunities and risks process for all issues impacting B2B deals in UK.
- Ownership of B2B communication plan for senior leaders, forecasting performance and pipeline.
- Work with UK GCP Leadership team to create reverse targeting campaigns.
Opening date for applications: 30/07/2019
Closing date for applications: 26/08/2019
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Strong financial acumen, executive presence and public speaking experience.
- Experience leading large teams, leading leaders, and sourcing talent.
- Strong customer facing sales experience is a prerequisite, specifically focusing on strategic C-level negotiations.
- Strong financial skills, P&L management, specifically in terms of cash flow saving calculations in the lending space and balance sheet understanding.
- Strong experience of the merchant (GMS) business essential.
- Detailed understanding of American Express Corporate Card & B2B product value proposition and value levers.
- A proven track record of driving multiple large scale partnership deals with large companies.
- Track record of driving sustained change management initiatives via the field, without direct authority.
- Strong experience in creating a clear strategy and communicate it effectively.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time