Apprentice Automation Software Developer
Rakuten Marketing is looking for a Automation Engineer Apprentice to work with development team in building and executing comprehensive suites of automation test plan and test cases maintaining and adding to the existing automation framework, continued evaluation of test cases for inclusion in regression, integration, performance and load testing.
- Develop and execute test plans and test cases with a strong emphasis on using code to solve technical challenges and shorten the test cycle through automation.
- Estimate test efforts, analyse and communicate test results and participate in day to day
- Add to our company’s performance and scalability testing efforts and improve the test frameworks, tools and technologies used by the organization to maintain a high quality bar.
- Work with Development, Test and Product Management to design and implement test and validation strategies.
- Execute and manage test cases and results; report on test and defect metrics.
- Create, execute and troubleshoot automated test scenarios across our systems.
- Contribute to robust, scalable, and high-quality test automation solutions for functional, regression and performance testing
- Contribute to the building of a continuous Integration (CI) environment and ongoing process improvement activities.
- Identify required improvements in the test and development processes; make contributions to our automation tools that address specific needs.
- Maintain a high-quality bar in a complex and constantly evolving workspace.
The candidate would be expected to demonstrate skills/knowledge in a majority of the following areas
- Experience with software testing and automated test techniques with a strong focus on quality throughout the entire software development cycle.
- Proven ability to translate functional requirements and use cases into working test plans and test cases.
- Strong customer focus, excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Passion for improving code quality through interaction with development team.
- Demonstrated skill in using coding standards and being an active participant in code reviews.
- Experience with excel or data analysis.
- Experience with Selenium, Postman and/or Cypress.
- Proficient working with relational databases such as Hbase, Postgres SQL.
- Experience building highly automated environments using virtual and cloud resources is strongly desired.
- Experience with Jira.
- Experience working in an agile environment preferred.
- Experience with Linux or Windows.
- Some knowledge of continuous integration practices, preferably using CircleCI