UK GMS Network Marketing Manager
Don’t just work for a market leading global company. Help grow one.
Global Merchant Services (GMS) Marketing is dedicated to bringing buyers and sellers together and transforming how American Express is welcomed. GMS Marketing is responsible for partnering with GMS markets to drive profitable growth, accelerate coverage and enhance the value of Amex acceptance to merchants and Card Members at scale. We focus on enhancing our relationships with millions of merchants of all shapes and sizes, and our geographic purview includes many commerce hubs across the globe including the U.S, Canada, Latin America, the Caribbean, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region.
It is also critical for GMS Marketing to collaborate effectively with Card Issuing teams and other sister organizations across the Blue Box in order to fully harness the power of the closed loop via mediums including Custom Consulting, Offers, Recommendations, Multi-Merchant Campaigns, Digital Experiences and Brand Awareness. GMS Marketing partners with organizations including Client Management, Marketing Operations, Information Management, Enterprise Digital, Global Advertising and Brand Management and Global Servicing Network.
This exciting role sits within the UK merchant marketing team, the largest market for GMS in Europe, which is responsible for delivering marketing value to UK merchants across all segments to grow revenue, transform coverage, drive value, and improve satisfaction across our Merchant base.
The UK Network Marketing manager will be responsible for developing and implementing key strategic network marketing projects and campaigns which span across Small Business and Managed Merchant portfolios - including Shop Small, B2B small merchant communications, new acquisition support, and event management – with the objectives of driving: revenue, Discount Business Volume (DBV) active locations in Force (ALIF) and merchant satisfaction (NPS).
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of driving value to merchants/customers via the creation of innovative marketing programs using social and digital media, below the line communications and sales events. In this highly visible merchant facing role you will be responsible for developing strong relationships with our merchants and key internal partners, understanding their core needs and collaborating with a variety of stakeholders to bring together a full suite of blue box assets in order to optimise the value we can deliver for our merchants.
Leading a team of 3 direct reports, you will have responsibility for:
- Developing and implementing innovative communications strategies for our Small Merchants that deliver marketing efficiencies and drive business results at scale
- Delivering end to end B2B campaign execution including effective targeting, creative development, delivery, campaign analysis and budget management.
- Developing Perception of Coverage strategies and the execution of network campaigns including the UK Shop Small programme.
- Leading innovation and thought leadership on new ways to connect with B2B customers, via digital and social channels. Providing marketing support to UK client management, as part of key merchant acquisition proposals and contract renegotiations, to reinforce the Amex value story.
- Working with Issuers and local UK marketing teams to shape perception of coverage and card member spend in Small Merchants
- Partnering with local Marketing and business teams and other central teams (e.g. Brand, Cardmember Marketing, Central Small Merchant, Prospect Merchant Marketing, World Service, Commercial Services and Enterprise Digital) to execute strategy and drive results
- Managing and executing Biannual Merchant Forums & Events to strengthen key client relationships
- Leading and supporting ad-hoc projects to deepen engagement with our existing base and grow revenue
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
The following are required for this position:
- Marketing or Business Degree
- Marketing experience in Financial Services and integrated Payments
- B2B marketing experience desirable
- Experienced people leader
- Experience in event management
- Experience of using data to enhance and drive internal marketing strategy
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (free phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on 810 800 83 000038.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time