Senior Analyst (Advanced Analytics)
5 days left
- Full Time
Senior Analyst (Advanced Analytics)
We are currently hiring for a Senior Analyst (Advanced Analytics) to join our Insurance division working in both our London and Haywards Heath offices.
You will have a passion for machine learning and be able to implement cutting edge technology, this role will be suitable for a senior analyst or data scientist looking to take on more responsibilities and ultimately move towards management.
As this role works 100% on our Insurance and Assistance business, experience in the Insurance industry is highly valuable, and even better if you have worked in both B2B and B2C settings.
These skills applied in the context of Insurance business will be key to making this role successful. Prior knowledge of analytics or pricing in insurance is highly valuable but we can consider candidates with strong aptitude and willingness to learn the insurance business context if experience in the industry is limited.
- Work with Insurance business teams and insight teams to frame business questions, test the hypothesis, and supply evidence and analytical models for decision making
- Formulate, plan and monitor progress to ensure timeliness of projects are kept in line with expectations
- Manage enhancements on data and tools to advance the analytical power, including analytics requirement, testing, prepare training material and delivery
- Work closely with Stakeholders and departments in Insurance & Assistance to ensure the projects are understood and form alliances that allow us to deploy projects successfully.
- Work closely with data science and engineering team ensuring new projects success for both development and deployment.
- Some BAU task are also required on projects already deployed such as;
- Management of Price optimisation cycles, deployment of A/B and multivariate price optimization testing
- Liaise with a wide variety of teams in order to shape and deliver analytics priorities including other UW Pricing teams, Underwriting, Claims, Reserving and Capital Modelling.
Knowledge, skills & experience required:
- Understanding of common data science techniques including data preparation, exploration and visualisation.
- Knowledge of data mining techniques in one or more areas of statistical modelling methods, time series, text mining, optimization.
- Ability to produce workflows using classification, clustering, regression, etc.
- Pricing Optimisation: Experience with Earnix or other price optimization engine is preferred
- Understanding of Machine Learning: Decision trees, Regression, Clustering in order to work collaborate with the Data Science Team.
- Visualization & Data: Alteryx, Tableau advance user, AWS cloud
- Modelling knowledge in Python, Pyspark (preferred)
- Knowledge of data processing and cleaning within AWS, Hive and Apache Nifi
- Ideal for someone with some commercial experience relating to data & analytics with a good understanding of at least one of the following business areas: Insurance industry, fraud detection, price optimisation, data science.
- Strong analytical abilities, numerate and able to articulate details in a story-telling approach
- Curious, meticulous, self-motivated and strong continuous improvement mindset
We craft customer experiences, which enable some of the world’s best-known brands to acquire, engage and retain the most demanding and choice-rich customers.
Our unique expertise and insight into high earning, frequent travellers allows our clients to deliver the smarter experiences it takes to drive deeper customer devotion.
We work with over 600 banks, 90 airlines and 20 hotel groups in over 170 countries.