Pricing Manager, Hastings Direct
Hastings is a leading company within the UK general insurance market; our success is driven by best-in-class pricing capability fuelled by a relentless focus on Data and Analytics.
Due to the continued growth of our business, we are looking for a hands-on Pricing Manager to partner with our pricing analysts and data scientists, helping shape our pricing strategy and delivering optimised street prices that will drive commercial performance.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity for someone with strong analytical skills & core leadership capability to join our most critical business area, collaborating with some of the sharpest minds in the industry to develop our pricing algorithms and deliver new price optimisations. Every day is different but we expect you to:
- Review the data, analytical and modelling outputs of the team, to ensure our standards are met; diving into the code and getting your hands dirty when needed
- Keep up to date with the latest thinking in the business, industry and data science arena; coming up with new ideas for test & learn, to inform and evolve our street pricing strategy
- Foster a culture of treating customers fairly, ensuring we follow internal governance processes and adhere to regulatory requirements
Location is flexible, either based at our city office in Cannon Street, or our Bexhill Group Head office down by the sea. Either way, flexible home working is an option and regular travel between offices is required.
Skills and experience
You will be a fast learner to understand our business and have a customer focus, to spot both profit opportunities and do the right thing. We would like you to be passionate about sharing your ideas and storytelling to engage and enthuse some of our most senior stakeholders.
We want you to be relentlessly curious, a creative thinker, enthusiastic with drive and adaptability in any situations that could come your way.
Benefits for you
- Highly competitive basic salary which we will share with you upon shortlisting
- Flexible working opportunities working 1-2 days a week from home
- Up to 10% bonus earning potential
- £5K car allowance
- 27 days holiday
- Life assurance
- Competitive pension
- Flexible benefits - buy or sell holidays
- Discounted Hastings Direct products
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.