Maintenance Operations Apprentice
This post offers a wide range of opportunities to put into practice the training received at college under the guidance of the property maintenance manager.
Day-to-day tasks could include:
- Preparation for painting and decorating
- Hanging wallpaper
- Maintaining non-structural carpentry
- Repairing, replacing, and renewing gates and fences, including ironmongery
- Building maintenance
- Ability to work with your hands
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Basic computer skills including e-mail and Word
- Flexible and open to work and mix with people of all ages and abilities
- Patient and understanding
- Initiative and common sense
- Reasonable level of health and fitness
- Good attention to detail
- Willingness to learn
Good GCSE (or equivalent) results, grades A*-C/9-4.
After successful completion of the apprenticeship a full time position with the company will be offered to the apprentice.
Things to consider
Nutley Hall is a care home for adults with learning disabilities; sensitivity to the needs of a wide variety individuals would be necessary for this role.
Public transport is limited so having your own transport would be an advantage.