Analyst – Solutions - Virgin Holidays
Salary: Competitive per annum plus excellent benefits
Contract: 12 Months Fixed Term Contract
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Mon - Fri
Location: Crawley, West Sussex
Closing date: 31st October 2019
Many of our staff at Virgin work flexibly and in many different ways, including part-time, different core hours or remote working. Please talk to us at your application or interview stage about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we are happy to explore what’s possible for the role.
In a nutshell
Do you thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment and love thinking creatively to solve problems? If so, keep reading.
At Virgin Holidays we are passionate about holidays and service. As an unconventional, innovative and expanding business we look for individuals who can help us deliver outstanding level of services that our customers expect from us.
We are currently looking for a Solutions Analyst to be a catalyst to the successful delivery of our exciting business and technology strategies. This is someone who can deliver value-based business and technical changes through our LEAN approach to technology delivery.
Day to day
- Work with key business partners to identify the core business mission and turn it into a set of testable, measurable and prioritised requirements for delivery
- Work with the business, architecture and delivery teams to convert the requirements into estimated, valued and prioritised backlog items
- Work with our reservations system supplier and internal teams to deliver the incremental change backlog into production and to be dedicated in ensuring continued technical and process operational robustness
- Become a trusted partner to the business and senior technology management
- Contribute to the debate of which technology and process Innovations should be on the Virgin Holidays’ radar to assess, trial and adopt
- Be or become a subject matter expert in travel technology and the travel business domain
Are you Self-motivated, dynamic and results focused with ability to work on own initiative?
You will need:
- Solid experience in key disciplines of Business Analysis, QA Testing and Business Process Improvement
- Proactive with strong communication and decision-making skills.
- Business Analysis experience across a number of methodologies (Agile, RUP, Waterfall)
- Strong experience of UML and exposure to XML
- Experience working in a multi-disciplined application delivery team including internal and external suppliers
- Experience of using MS Office
- Methodical, meticulous, organised approach to work
- Confident, assertive, persuasive – ability to negotiate on issues with 3rd parties
- Presentation skills and articulate in written and verbal communication
- ISEB Qualification (or equivalent) would be desirable
- Experience of travel systems such as TBox, Galileo and Shares
- Experience of integrating reservation systems with high volume transactional websites
Do you feel this describes you? Then we would love to see your application so why not apply now!
We recognise the value you add to our dynamic company. That's why we give our people the rewards that they deserve. We have a whole host of benefits to help you enjoy life to the full, including up to seven flights a year to a wide range of fabulous Virgin Atlantic destinations. Of course you can also take advantage of discounts on our amazing Virgin Holidays hotels. We also offer a competitive benefits package including pension and private medical schemes and life assurance. You can even self select whats important to you through our benefits portal. We appreciate that life is busy, so when operationally possible remote working is available.
Be Yourself - Our Differences make us stronger Virgin Atlantic and Virgin holidays are committed equal opportunities employers and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible applicants regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy and maternity. Diversity brings strength which is why we strive to provide an inclusive environment where individuality is celebrated and we can unleash the potential of our forward-thinking mix of people. To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Atlantic does not accept unsolicited agency CVs.