Chef de Partie Pastry, Guildford
3 days left
- Full Time
Chef de Partie Pastry
Barnett Hill Hotel, part of Alexander Hotels a private Collection of quality hotels of distinction just outside London.
Barnett Hill is a beautiful Queen Anne style property, built in 1905, set within 26 acres of lovingly maintained gardens and woodlands, sitting in the heart of the Surrey Hill area of outstanding natural beauty just outside Guildford, Surrey. This idyllic location is 15 minutes from Guildford town and 45 mins from Central London.
4 Star, 2AA rosette restaurant, 54 bedroom hotel together with conference and banqueting facilities up to 120 all within the grounds of 26 acres of woodland and beautiful gardens. The hotel has The Oak Room restaurant awarded 2 AA rosettes and the 1905 Bar for more informal dining, with sunny outside terraces for summer service outdoors. Afternoon Tea is a really popular choice for residents and visitors with a variety of menus to suit every taste and occasion.
Please see our website for a full list of facilities and sample menus
Reporting to the Head Chef/Sous Chef you will be leading the pastry section.
You will be responsible for;
- Order and stock control
- Designing with the Head Chef menu items for afternoon tea, restaurant as well as banqueting menus
- Producing plated desserts for all menus
- Supervision of junior staff members to ensure consistent standards
- Ensuring work is carried out meeting all food hygiene and health and safety requirements
The business is varied offering catering to Hotel Guests, In-house Conference Delegates, as well as guests from the local area. Barnett Hill is a popular wedding venue with weddings taking place in the 2 wedding suites.
- Preparation, production and service of food to the standard required in a timely and efficient manner
- Assist with the preparation of daily/weekly orders for food and kitchen supplies adhering to stock control procedures as directed by the Head/Sous Chef.
- Be responsible for receiving and storing of all relevant food and non food items.
- Assist Head/Sous Chef with daily menu planning and composition as and when required.
- To deputise for the Head Chef/Sous Chef in their absence as and when required including supervision of the kitchen, internal communication / attending meetings.
- Practice and promote effective teamwork and communication amongst your direct work colleagues and colleagues in other departments.
- Carry out daily cleaning duties within the kitchen as directed by the Head/Sous Chef in addition to following a ‘clean as you go’ policy.
- Ensure compliance with inhouse HACCP and food hygiene, health and safety systems to ensure compliance.
- Completing duties in a culture and with an attitude of always striving to exceed standards to promote improvements and raise the quality of feedback from all diners across the hotel.
- Working 5 shifts per week 45 hrs per week.
- Previous experience in a quality environment but is now seeking their first pastry chef role with responsibility for the Pastry Section.
- Demonstrate during a trial shift the practical ability to be able to produce plated desserts to a rosette standard.
- Demonstrate flair and creativity to develop the hotels Afternoon Tea Menu.
- Hold the experience to manage the multi menu requirements and busy banqueting operation.
- Live locally or have the ability to relocate to the area with own transportation.
- Accommodation is available if required at £65 per week including utlities
- 4 weeks holiday increasing to 5 weeks with service
- 8 Bank holidays
- Free car parking
- Free uniform
In addition you will benefit from a range of company benefits including:
Discounted hotel accommodation for yourself and your family at all hotels
Discounted hair treatments at our two Utopia Spas
Discount off all food & beverage at all hotels
Discount of individual treatments booked in our two Utopia Spas
Discount on retail products in our two Utopia Spas
Refer a friend staff recruitment scheme In additional you will enjoy a range of other benefits when you celebrate your 1 yr, 3 yr and 5 yr anniversary including; your birthday off paid, complimentary overnight stays, complimentary lunch/afternoon tea and service related holiday
Apply for Chef de Partie Pastry, Guildford
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly