Tudor Room Maitre D'hotel, Egham
3 days left
- Full Time
Great Fosters Hotel, AA Hotel of the Year 2018, and the most recent addition to Alexander Hotels a private group of luxury hotels of distinction just outside London.
A Grade 1 listed building in 50 acres of stunning gardens and parkland in Egham, Surrey.
4 Red Stars, 43 bedrooms spread across the Hotel and adjoining Cloisters and Coach House. A room or suite to meet every expectation. For dining the Award Winning Tudor Room with 1 Michelin Star and 4 Rosettes, under Tony Parkin, as well as the Estate Grill which offers a delicious range of dining choices. A beautiful 14th century Tithe Barn is available for functions together with the Orangery, the Conservatory and a range of other meeting and private dining rooms.
Please see the Hotels website for a full list of facilities and sample menus. www.greatfosters.co.uk
Great Fosters is undergoing a great transformation and development so this is an exciting time to join the senior team. Our new Tudor Room Executive Chef, Tony Parkin, is continuing to offer outstanding food for this Michelin Star Restaurant and we now need an equally distinctive Maître D’hôtel to complete the team.
As Maître D’hôtel you will have responsibility for the food and beverage service within this 20 cover restaurant, working closely with Tony to ensure total customer satisfaction. You will have the added support of our Director of Wine to ensure the total dining experience is achieved.
You will be responsible for managing a full time team of 3 to deliver outstanding standards of service. We are seeking someone with passion for food, wine and service who will inspire and drive standards to even higher heights. Someone who possesses excellent team management and organisation skills to get the best out of the team. Michelin star experience is also a requirement.
The restaurant is open to residents and non residents so caterers for a wide range of discerning clients with many regular patrons. Service for guests covers lunch and dinner Thursday to Sunday with a preparation and training day on Wednesday when the Restaurant is closed. Monday and Tuesday are therefore the team’s days off each week. There are also set closure periods to allow for staff holidays.
Main Duties Include;
- Manage the bookings in the reservations diary, reconfirming guest bookings and managing the diary to maximise the potential of the restaurant
- Ensuring the restaurant is prepared for service
- Meeting and greeting guests, seating and taking guest orders
- Train and coach employees to develop their skills and ensure service standards are met
- Be operationally involved in service; both food and beverage, leading by example with an eye for detail on Michelin service standards
- Completing satisfaction checks and action all feedback
- Resolving any service issues
- Presenting bills to guests and taking payment
- Working with the Chef, Tony Parkin, to arrange a menu tasting every week and a wine tasting alongside to ensure the team fully understand ingredients/cooking techniques/taste and service so they can interact with confidence with guests/answer any questions/make recommendations
- Ensure the team are fully aware of allergens and knowledge of dishes served based on what allergens their diners have, to safeguard diners
- Working with the Director of Wines in selecting and sourcing wines to compliment the menu items and guest’s requirements
- Ensuring excellent communication and relationship throughout service between the service team and Tony Parkin and his brigade
- Complete cash handling, cashing up ensuring accuracy in billing/balancing
- Ensuring the restaurant is reset at the end of the shift ready for the next service
- Ensuring work area is clean and tidy before closing
- Ensure a systematic ordering process to ensure service demands can be met
- Smart appearance
- Excellent communication skills with a passion for food and guest service
- Personality and warmth to host and inspire confidence in product and service
- Technical food and beverage knowledge to offer the required service and ability to develop the rest of the team
- Exceptional knowledge on wines required
- Supervisory experience within a Michelin Star food service hotel/restaurant preferred
- A passion for training with the ability to manage and motivate a team of waiters/esses & wine service staff to ensure excellence.
- 4 weeks holiday rising to 5 weeks with service
- 8 Bank holidays
- Free car parking
- Employee uniform
In addition you will benefit from a range of company benefits including:
Discounted hotel accommodation for yourself and your family at all hotels
Discounted hair treatments at our two Utopia Spas
Discount off all food & beverage at all hotels
Discount of individual treatments booked in our two Utopia Spas
Discount on retail products in our two Utopia Spas
Refer a friend staff recruitment scheme In additional you will enjoy a range of other benefits when you celebrate your 1 yr, 3 yr and 5 yr anniversary including; your birthday off paid, complimentary overnight stays, complimentary lunch/afternoon tea and service related holiday
Apply for Tudor Room Maitre D'hotel, Egham
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly