Business Administration Apprentice
7 days left
- Full Time
8.30am - 4.30pm Monday- Friday with 2 half hour breaks in the day.
Total hours per week: 35.00
Weekly wage £148.75
Expected duration 13 months
Possible start date 01 Dec 2019
Your duties will include:
- Learning all aspects of running a business and building customer relationships to support the development of the business
- Be the main point of contact with customers and anyone who contacts the company
- Deliver excellent customer service to our customers and develop professional working relationships to maintain customers
- To learn how to keep the books and ensure invoices to clients are paid in order to secure the company's income
- To maintain office systems and organise any new systems
- To receive and handle enquiries that come from the website
- Add content to the website and social media site
- To learn how to prepare costings on spreadsheets
- To learn how to develop the website to grow sales of new products
Requirements and prospects
- Good written and spoken English
- Good IT skills
- Confident telephone manner
- Be prepared to work in a noisy/dusty wood-working workshop
- Be reliable and committed to the role
- Have a mature and professional attitude to work
- Be flexible and able to change priorities quickly
- Have an interest in wood and wood products
- Well organised and systematic in your approach
- Interested in how the internet can help a business
- Prepared to take responsibility and willing to learn all the aspects of running a business
- Able to be confident when using the telephone
- Willing to take pride in a job well done
- Willing to learn how to offer excellent customer service
GCSE (or equivalent) English, maths, and ICT.
The career goal here is to be able to run and manage all aspects of the sales office. For the right candidate they will very quickly have a considerable degree of autonomy and responsibility.
Things to consider
The company is based in an industrial unit on a farm and the office is on the first floor above the main workshop building. The workshop is a typical joinery workshop, so dressing down is very much the order of the day.
About the employer
J A K K
JAKK is a small, family owned business based in Hellingly, East Sussex. After establishing over twenty years ago it is safe to say we are full of experience! Originally specialised in garden and conservatory furniture made in Iroko Hardwood. Since this we have built a solid reputation with our extensive range of wooden gates, benches, signs and even wooden sign posts.
Granary Business Centre
Training provider EAST SUSSEX COLLEGE
Contact Penny Shearer 030 300 39265 email@example.com
Training to be provided
- Level 2 in Business and Administration
- Functional Skills as required
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- You will be working in the workplace 100% of the time and you won't need to come into college.
Your assessor/tutor will come to you to provide one-to-one training.
You will have 20% of your paid time in 'off the job' learning and you will build up evidence of your growing competence by building a portfolio.
You may have English, Maths, and ICT built into your programme where applicable.