Divisional Temporary Works Manager
Divisional Temporary Works Manager
WATFORD HEAD OFFICE
TRAVEL TO VARIETY OF SITES IN ENGLAND
UP TO £55,000
£4,700 CAR ALLOWANCE
***** A CHANCE TO JOIN A WELL RESPECTED, HIGHLY RANKED NATIONAL FACILITIES SERVICE PROVIDER - EXCELLENT CAREER PLATFORM, SOUGHT AFTER COMPANY!, MULTIPLE PRESTIGIOUS CONTRACTS ****
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Temporary Works Professional who will Act as the Divisional Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for all Temporary Works related issues, providing timely and competent advice. As The Divisional Temporary Works Manager you will provide oversight of all activities related to Temporary Works across the business.
You will also be responsible for the development, implementation and review of standard MSS35 Control of Temporary Works. You will be working in collaboration with the Technical Services Department in ensuring compliance with the requirements of BS5975:2019.
The Ideal candidate for this Divisional Temporary Works Manager position will be an experienced Temporary Works Engineer with a thorough technical and practical understanding of Temporary Works design in construction and refurbishment Projects.
They will have sound problem solving and design skills, excellent communication skills and able to influence at all levels of the Division.
* Maintain ultimate control of the management of all Temporary Works across VINCI Facilities.
* Ensure that any organisation that are employed in designing, carrying out and/or implementing Temporary Works have adequate Temporary Works procedures and are competent.
* Maintain Divisional Temporary Works Mandatory Safety Standard and all Divisional forms referenced within and ensure effective implementation and ongoing application across VINCI Facilities.
* Produce and maintain a schedule of Internal Audits to ensure that all projects in the division that have Temporary Works elements are audited against the divisional procedures at least annually.
* Manage the bespoke Temporary Works Training requirements for the Division,
* Review Project arrangements for effective allocation of technically competent organisations and resources, appropriate to the level of complexity of Temporary Works schemes on the Project.
* Liaise regularly with Engineering Director to ensure adequate implementation of his own functions within the division in regular meetings.
* Fulfil all other duties of the DDI as stated in BS 5975:2019
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
HND level Engineering qualification
experience of managing Temporary Works, including design and audit against accepted standards (currently BS 5975 2019)
Either a qualification in, or experience in training delivery
What's in it for you?
* Competitive Salary
* Working on landmark projects
* Learning and development / training (Investors In People accreditation)
* Leadership scheme
* Empower programme (award winning)
* Support for professional accreditation
* Holiday entitlement (26 days)
* Health insurance included - can be upgraded to include partner / children
* Cycle to work scheme - up to £1000 over 1 year, free of tax and NI
* A whole suite of voluntary benefits ranging from discounted will writing services, mobile phone tariffs, health screening services, high street shopping vouchers, grocery and dining out discounts and holiday discounts.
* Pension contributions x% matched by the company. Variety of funds to select.
* Life assurance scheme
* share scheme - buy one get one free - pay over 1 year, free of tax and NI
* Stand out Make a Difference day - 1 paid day off work to make a contribution to a charitable cause, individual or project based.
If you are interested and have all the qualifications needed, we are looking at booking interviews early August. Please click and apply!
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.