Security Design Engineer : Vindex Systems Limited
Vindex Systems are amongst the fastest growing electronic security businesses in the market today. Due to our rapidly growing portfolio we have a requirement for the newly created role of Security Design Engineer, working alongside our Design Team to be based at our Head Office in Crawley, West Sussex.
As Security Design Engineer, you will be working closely with the Sales and Projects Teams to create and update our security system designs in line with customer and consultant requirements. The Security Design Engineer will work with the Technical Design Team to ensure project drawings and technical schedule are updated in a timely manner to the high standards required by our blue chip clients. As part of the Technical Design Team you will visit our customers to understand their business needs and find innovative solutions to support their operational requirements. You will at times be asked to support the Project and Service Teams onsite so a hands on approach is essential.
- Detailed design review of customer/consultant security requirements
- Update and maintain project design information, including drawings and technical schedules
- Technical Review and Approval of Security Equipment
- Technical Review and Approval of Supplier quotes
- IP Network Designs
- Schematic Design Drawings
- Support Project Managers with technical questions and coordination
- Third line support for Service/Project/Commissioning Engineers
- Liaise with customers to ensure their security needs are met
- Support of the Sales and Account Management Team with technical questions
- Review/Update of customer design documentation with the design team
The above list is not exhaustive but aims to provide a broad range of duties and key responsibilities of the post. Additional ad hoc duties will also be required as part of this role
Security Industry Qualification Level 4 or above
- Attention to detail
- Ability to learn new information quickly and keep up with changing products and processes
- Self-motivation and self-sufficiency, with excellent time management skills and ability to manage a demanding workload and conflicting priorities.
- Ensure that guidelines and standards of work expected by Vindex Systems are understood and met
- The ability to effectively communicate using both verbal and written communication that delivers high levels of confidence in those dealt with. The design function is operated by a small team internally and externally whose functions are interdependent. Effective and regular communication between department members and internal business departments is crucial. Ability to form and maintain solid working relationships
- The ability to work effectively both individually and, importantly, as a team member.
- The ability to exceed the expectations of internal and external customers, clients and suppliers through a sound understanding of their requirements and being responsive to their needs.
- Proactive in approach, resilient under pressure, ability to maintain clarity and vision and possesses a strong results orientation.
- A willingness to embrace change and a welcoming attitude to continuous improvement.
- Observe and adhere to company Health & Safety guidelines and contribute to a healthy and safe working environment.
- Set a good example to colleagues by completing all necessary Company documentation punctually and in accordance with any guidelines or schedules issued (including Time Sheets, Expense Claims and Site Reports)
- Honesty and Integrity
- Confidence inspiring
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Dedicated and conscientious
- Customer Focused and Flexible
- Inquisitive and Driven
- Planning and Organising
- Problem solving and Decision making
- Development Orientation
We offer an attractive remuneration package and invest in our employees with continued training and development. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with drive and determination to join our growing business. if you would like to register your interest directly, please email your CV and a Cover Letter detailing your suitability for the role to email@example.com