Graphic Designer with Arabic
We are looking to add a Graphic designer who is fluent in Arabic to join our team in Brighton. We offer a great basic salary in region of £35,000 alongside benefits which include Healthcare.
The role will focus on both print and digital for our Bupa Global (BG) AIM markets. As a Designer you’ll develop and deliver technical and creative graphical solutions primarily for print but also digital applications; for assignments briefed from the Design Studio Manager or wider BG business unit. You’ll ensure control of quality, alignment to overall brand strategy, customer needs and relevant regulation. This role is to support the regulatory requirements of Bupa Global AIM.
Work closely in consultation with the Marketing, Services, Regional and Project Teams and any other business unit to deliver creative and innovative ideas that contribute to the needs as set out in the brief or terms of reference. Day-to-day, this may manifest as management and handling of design, lay-out and production of the graphic elements (e.g. product and sales literature, event materials, online banners, emails, landing pages), but in particular this will include:
- Creative concept development
- Advising and consulting with clients (business) to encourage best practice
- Researching the industry and liaising with supply network to stay on top of technological, cultural and trending developments
- Champion the convergence of online and offline offerings to ensure the business can deliver the end-user a seamless customer journey
- Using business process knowledge and network of relationships, contribute to initiatives that will improve the customer experience in line with the company vision
- Support the wider studio team when necessary.
- Attend meetings with members of the wider business unit, as and when required, to provide creative input and feedback.
- Ensure all output complies with BG and partner brand guidelines, along with regional compliance requirements.
- Quality control of external marketing output and highlight any potential issues with internal graphic production being used. This includes full sign off process and independent proof reading and print/digital artwork proofing.
- Continual review of processes to make working practises more effective and efficient.
- Provide ad-hoc design, support and guidance, when necessary, to the business.
- Ensure all marketing output complies with and are completed in accordance with the copy clearance process.
The ideal candidate
- Fluent in written and spoken Modern Standard Arabic, with a high standard of written and spoken English - essential
- Advanced level in Adobe Creative Suite - essential
- Degree or equivalent in relevant design discipline.
- Must have experience in reprographics, brand design and implementing house styles.
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS is also desirable.
- Extensive practical experience in print and/or digital design.
- Advanced understanding of colours, style of type, illustrations, photography, animation, line, composition and design desirable.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Attention to detail and good organisational skills.
- Creative thinker with proven ability to generate new ideas and concepts.
- Ability to co-ordinate and work on a broad variety of assignments.
- Be able to work to tight deadlines with good time management skills.
- Strong team working skills and proactive planning.
- Resilient and experience working in a fast-moving environment with continuous change.
- Ability to communicate and build relationships with external agencies and internal departments.