Apprentice Finance Assistant
- Monthly wage £875.00
- Working week 09.00am - 17.00pm, Monday-Friday, 37 hours per week
- Expected duration 13 months
- Possible start date 28 Sep 2020
- Apprenticeship level Intermediate Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties will include:
- Filing and general administrative work, as required by the Finance team
- Assist Purchase Ledger with accuracy and timeliness of all payments on behalf of the Foundation
- Acknowledgement and posting of invoices received, on our SAGE system
- Submission of journals on SAGE (accounting system) for the end of month process
- Reconciliation of accounts and any necessary investigations
- The end-to-end petty cash operation including preparation of monies for reimbursement of out of pocket expenses for staff and volunteers as well as preparation and banking of petty cash
- Answering email enquiries from internal and external customers
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly, quarterly and yearly reports for the Finance Director and the wider senior leadership team
- Assisting the Payroll team with timesheet analysis as and when required
- Supporting the Finance team with CAPEX reconciliation
- Maintain confidentiality of information regarding children and young adults and any information held on any Foundation user at all times
- To attend regular supervision sessions with line manager and take an active interest in your own development
- To ensure that all coursework and training pertaining to your Apprenticeship is delivered in the required time
- To complete your Apprenticeship to the required standard and in the required time
- Undertake all induction and mandatory training in Chailey Heritage Foundation and any other appropriate training as required
- To develop good working relationships with all members of CHF staff and with the Young People where appropriate
- To participate fully in any performance reviews
- At all times to work within the confines of Chailey Heritage Foundation’s confidentiality of information policy and protect information held on both staff and pupils, both paper and electronic, exercising discretion, tact and diplomacy
- Complying at all times with Chailey Heritage Foundation’s policies and procedures including the Code of Conduct
- To undertake any other tasks that may be reasonably asked of you by your line manager.
Requirements and prospects
The essential skills for the role include:
- Meticulous attention to detail with a strong grasp of Maths
- High levels of concentration
- Able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet previously agreed targets, deadlines and objectives for the role
- Able to cope with high volumes of workload
- Able to prioritise and respond effectively to changing requirements
- Calm and professional at all times
- Good communicator and team player
The essential personal qualities for the role include:
- A completer finisher, who is able to self-manage, the successful candidate will adapt quickly to changing conditions, and develop honest and open working relationships across a multidisciplinary team, based on Chailey Heritage Foundations core values
- The successful candidate will be able to overcome obstacles, and act accordingly, finding solutions to problems
- They will be willing to develop themselves and have a positive attitude to learning
- They will also demonstrate a positive attitude towards diversity in general and specifically towards the rights, independence, inclusion and choice for children and young adults with complex needs
- Willing to work flexibly within the hours specified over a 5 day period
Maths and English GCSEs at grade C/4 or above or equivalent are essential for this apprenticeship.
A-levels or Equivalent are desired for this apprenticeship.
There are future prospects with the company including studying Level 3 and Level 4 as an apprenticeship with East Sussex College.
Things to consider
We are in a rural location so own transport is an advantage although there is a bus service from surrounding towns.
- We are family friendly
- Active Discounts
- Annual Leave
- Appreciation Awards
- Car Leasing
- Cycle to work
- Employee Discounts
- Family Discounts
- Gym Discounts
- Health Care Cash Plan
- Mobile Phone Discounts
- Onsite Facilities
The employer will be interviewing throughout the advertisment period.
Day release will be one day per week, to East Sussex College at the Eastbourne Campus (located in Hampden Park).
About the employer
Chailey Heritage Foundation provides education and care services and is one of the leading centres for children and young people with complex neuro disabilities.
We have four main areas:
- Chailey Heritage School: a non-maintained special school for 2-19 year olds.
- Chailey Heritage Residential: a children’s home with a range of boarding options from short breaks to 52 week care for pupils.
- Chailey Heritage Futures: a range of residential and day services for young adults.
- Chailey Heritage Pathways: a community based service offering the expertise of our staff to children and young adults in their own home.
CHAILEY HERITAGE FOUNDATION
Training provider EAST SUSSEX COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by East Sussex College
Contact Katie Parris 030 300 39871
Qualifications/Certifications achieved on completion:
- Apprenticeship Certificate (Pass or Distinction)
- Level 2 AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English and Maths (equivalent to GCSE grade D-E or level 3-2) unless exempt.
Apprenticeship standard Accounts / Finance Assistant Level 2 (GCSE).