Apprentice Parts and Job Coordinator
- Working week: 8am-5pm, 40 hours per week
- Weekly wage: £200.00 - £260.00
- Expected duration: 18 months
- Possible start date: 05 Nov 2020
- Apprenticeship level: Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The employer will be interviewing throughout the advertisement period so the apprenticeship could start sooner than the expected start date.
The job will entail:
- Downloading job cards
- Checking all parts are available for the jobs
- Receiving and allocating the parts received to job numbers
- Advising parts department and sales of missing parts and calling suppliers to rectify parts issues
- Communicating with suppliers over the phone
- Printing and scanning
We will train the person in the following categories
- Cad Drawing
- Goods receiving
- Products and parts allocation
- Job paperwork audits
- Parts stock take and audits
- Customer enquiries
- Liaising with sales and parts department including suppliers.
Requirements and prospects
- IT skills
- Problem solving
- Attention to detail.
There are no essential qualifications for this apprenticeship however the successful apprentice will be required to undertake an initial assessment, in maths and English to ensure that they are at a high enough level for the apprenticeship. Basic literacy and numeracy will be required on a day to day basis.
We have a great opportunity for the person that is willing to work hard and show initiative. Progression as the Buxted area grows can be to Branch manager.
Things to consider
The successful apprentice as well as completing a Customer Service Apprenticeship will also get to take a CAD course.
Our location is in the country but we are five minutes’ walk from Buxted station otherwise the candidate must have their own transport.
Company benefits: 28 days holiday including bank holidays. Five-day week working, Branch manager bonus scheme 10% of branch profit.
About the employer
VEHICLE ACCESSORY SOLUTIONS LTD
VAS has four locations. Derby, Wolverhampton, Wellingborough and Buxted.
VAS has been in operation for over seven years and has grown from one operation to four with a turnover of £4,000,000.
We supply and fit goods to major rental company fleets and dealer groups and we are currently looking at expanding into the electronic truck safety field under the London scheme.
We are also N1 enhancement qualified.
Training provider EAST SUSSEX COLLEGE
Training to be provided
- Apprenticeship Certificate (Pass or Distinction)
- Customer Service Level 2 Diploma (optional)
- Level 1 Functional Skills in Maths and English unless exempt.
Apprenticeship standard: Customer service practitioner.