Site Production Control Engineer : Elekta
Elekta has adopted a Merge-in-Transit and manufacture at site methodology for large and complex products which gives significant benefits to the business and the environment. This methodology extends the production process through to the installation of the product at the end user site. In practice this means that subsystem modules and components (purchase levels) are manufactured, verified or validated within Elekta's supply base prior to a final Production / Installation stage that takes place at the customer location.
The purpose of the Site Production Control (SPC) role is to provide remote support and control to the production activities that are carried out at the customer site by the installation engineer team whilst also ensuring that effective communication of issues and opportunities for improvement back into the supply chain and order fulfilment process.
- Use of Customer Life Cycle Management software to track production activities and communicate with site engineers.
- Document production issues raised by the site engineers and customers through NCR process. Provide immediate assistance to the site to correct the product, process, tooling issues or escalate to the appropriate function to ensure that production activity is able to continue in a controlled manner.
- Review issue detail and identify likely cause, assign the appropriate business function to carry out investigation into the root cause.
- Work with supplier management, order fulfilment, engineering to ensure quality problems are effectively contained, assist with Root Cause analysis as required to ensure effective CAPA is implemented to prevent reoccurrence.
- Be proactive and creative in order resolve issues in the most effective way, develop positive relationships with internal and external interfaces, including suppliers, R&D, manufacturing and service to ensure best possible communication of technical information and customer feedback. Support the completion of Device Acceptance Testing and the approval of the Certificate of Acceptance.
- Learn Elekta product (including attending product training courses) and manufacturing processes to a sufficient level that allows decision making on correction actions. This may include travel to customer sites to gain familiarity with the site environment and practices and personnel.
- Engage in audio and video conference calls with internal and external interfaces as required and when needs arise.
- Carry out data analysis to input into FRACAS
RELEVANT KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES –
- The person must be organised and familiar with various types of computer software packages using spread sheets (Excel) and be able to generate management reports.
- Knowledge of Master Control/ Enovia/CLM systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability and desire to promote Elekta's professional image
- Strong interpersonal and positive influencing skills, capable of working on own initiative whilst also being an effective team player
- Strong communication skills with the ability to liaise with personnel/ clientele/ suppliers and key stakeholders at all levels
- Well-developed IT skills and fluent in English, preferably with a second language