Trainee Mechanical Design Engineer : Frontier Pitts
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Trainee Mechanical Design Engineer based at our Crawley HQ.
The role involves utilising AutoCAD and Autodesk Inventor to produce quality mechanical designs within time and budget constraints. You will gain knowledge and experience of drawing standards and how to “translate” design into the manufacturing process. You will also create accurate design calculations on welded steel structures.
Thus, a willingness to get your hands dirty is essential.
- Mechanical Engineering background
- Knowledge of physics, steel properties and driving systems
- Basic computer literacy, using Autodesk Inventor, AutoCAD, MS Excel
- Knowledge of the engineering design process and working to ISO 9001
- Ability to work independently as well as within the team
- An ability to think commercially as well as technically
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn quickly
- Good eye on detail
- A basic level of computer programming in Inventor iLogic
- Experience using Inventor fx parameters
- Experience using basic hand tools and participation in engineering related hobbies
- Full training will be provided to participate in design projects including liaising with other departments and members of the design team.
- The successful candidate will have the opportunity to see through design projects from start to finish and will enjoy an excellent advancement opportunity within the business to gain skills and knowledge in manufacturing environment.
Job Type: Permanent, Full time
If you think you have the skills to succeed in this role please forward a copy of a current CV with a covering letter or email to Slaven J. at HR@frontierpitts.com