Body Repair Apprentice (Motor Vehicle)
- Working week: 42.5 hours per week, days TBC on appointment (the hours are based on the candidate being over 18). If you're 16-17 you will work 40 hours per week
- Weekly wage: £238.00
- Expected duration: 3 years
- Possible start date: 27 Nov 2020
- Apprenticeship level: Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- Positions: 1 available
If you are 16-17 the maximum amount of hours per week will be 40.
The employer will be interviewing throughout the advertisement period so the apprenticeship may start before the closing date.
The successful candidate will be working in the bodyshop shadowing a skilled technician. Some of the key tasks will include but will not be limited to:
- MIG/MAG welding
- Resistance spot welding
- Stripping and fitting body panels and trims
- Reshaping body panels and apply the body filler ready for painting
- Structural panel replacement
- Chassis/body re-alignment using jig and hydraulic pulling
- Removing small impact damage.
- Attending day release, one day per week, at East Sussex College’s, Eastbourne Campus, based in East Sussex. This campus is based in the Hampden Park part of Eastbourne. Term time only.
Requirements and prospects
- Practical hand skills
- The ability to follow methodical processes with some creative flare.
- Time management
- The ability to work within a team
- Have a desire to learn and achieve the apprenticeship
- An interest in the motor vehicle industry.
There are no essential qualifications for the role however the successful apprentice will be required to undertake an initial assessment in maths and English before beginning the apprenticeship to ensure that they are at a high enough level to complete the apprenticeship. It is desired that applicants wishing to apply have grades C or 4 or above, or equivalent qualifications.
Once qualified you can move onto some advanced motor trade qualifications and/or there may be a full-time position that you can apply for at the end of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
Out of your contracted working hours, one day per week you will be required to attend East Sussex College, at the Eastbourne Hampden Park Campus, term time only. Please ensure that you have planned how you will travel here each week. The train station is a 10 minute walk from the campus and college attendance is mandatory. The rest of the apprenticeship will be based in the workplace, in Epsom.
This is a very large modern company, expanding with growth and looking for staff to grow with the company.
About the employer
Wilsons Automobiles & Coachworks Ltd
Wilsons proudly serves the Epsom areas. At Wilsons you can find or service your Abarth and Fiat vehicles. Wilsons is excited to be able to offer an unbeatable selection of the best new and used vehicles at competitive prices. Our expansive stock and great prices are worth the trip to our dealership in Epsom! Our friendly and professional staff are dedicated to providing a level of service that always exceeds our customers’ expectations. To experience first-hand the incredible vehicles we have in stock or can order, stop by Wilsons.
Training to be provided
- Upon successful completion, you will qualify with a level 3 Vehicle Damage Paint Technician Apprenticeship.
- Level 2 Functional Skills Maths and English (equivalent to GCSE grade D-E or level 3-1) unless exempt.
Apprenticeship standard Vehicle Damage Paint Technician.