Financial Analyst and Modeller
Are you looking for a career with a fast-growing, dynamic company? Well look no further! We need six Financial Analyst and Business Modellers to join our Finance team in Haywards Heath, West Sussex.
Working in the Commercial Finance team, you’ll combine analytics and modelling with stakeholder management and effective business partnering. You’ll support the Business Partner through stakeholder management, initiative modelling and tracking, performance monitoring, challenge budgeting and planning and general commercial finance support.
We have six vacancies in total that will partner with either the Commercial, Technology or Underwriting departments, so we are looking for relevant experience in these areas.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to:
- Have strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to communicate and appropriately challenge senior management
- Demonstrate experience in creating detailed and complex financial models in Excel
- Have experience in either Insurance, Underwriting and / or Technology modelling
- Effectively partner the business to create financial solutions for a specific pillar of the business (Commercial, Technology or Underwriting)
- Liaise with the pillar senior leadership team to deliver accurate financial information to aid decision making to maximise shareholder value and return
- Develop an understanding and knowledge of key business performance (KPI’s) drivers and be able to draw conclusions from the suite of KPI’s available
- Produce detailed financial models as appropriate for the pillar cost analysis, revenue performance and profitability models
- Create models for business initiative development and tracking
- Develop analysis and models for initiative cost benefit analysis and assist in developing presentations to the Executive and Management Committees
- Ensure the benefits of initiatives are accurately tracked and presented on a monthly basis and challenge where appropriate
- Understanding KPIs on a daily, weekly and monthly basis and extrapolate that performance to the financial impact influencing options to mitigate any shortfall
- Investigate any trends or variance of actual to budget and forecast performance
- Create and monitor relevant MI reports of key trading stats
- Help the business partner track and challenge cost spend across the pillar
- Assist with the creation of the annual budget and quarterly reforecast for the pillar, gathering relevant data and helping to determine assumption development across the plan period
- Help to ensure the change initiatives are correctly reflected in the budgets and forecasts
Skills, knowledge & experience
- Preferably degree educated (Finance, Mathematics or computing would be an advantage)
- Qualified, part qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) or qualified by experience
- Some post qualification experience ideally within the insurance industry
- Business modelling experience
- Experience in either Insurance, Underwriting and / or Technology modelling
- Strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to communicate and appropriately challenge senior management
- Excellent Excel skills
- Ability to work with ambiguity or to make broad assumptions to make a recommendation
- Strong analytical skills with a good eye for detail
- Commercially aware and focused
- Driven and pro-active, self-starter, enthusiastic
- Deadline driven
- A flexible approach and positive attitude
- Strives to drive business improvements to contribute to the success of the business
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- A day off for your birthday
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.
Are you the person we’re looking for? If so, we look forward to hearing from you. Apply today!
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work. Check out our Glassdoor page to see what our employees think about working here.