Adult Care Worker Apprentice
5 days left
- Full Time
- Working week: 30 hours minimum up to a maximum of 37.5 hours weekly
- Weekly wage: £195.00
- Expected duration: 13 months
- Possible start date: 18 Dec 2020
- Apprenticeship level: Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Positions:1 available
The apprentice will work under the direction of one of our support team to assist clients in all areas of their support needs as appropriate.
Support can range from:
- Prompts to maintain personal hygiene and good health
- Assistance with laundry, cleaning, cooking and shopping etc
- Help with budgeting, benefits, mail and telephone calls
- Liaising with other professional agencies
- Emotional and listening support
- Support to engage in social activities
- Keeping professional records – training will be given
- The apprentice’s working day may be in one site only or sometimes across two locations. Please read further information for the addresses.
Requirements and prospects
- Basic IT skills essential
- Good communication skills
The apprentice would need to be a positive, empathetic, flexible, non-judgemental, and enthusiastic person.
No formal qualifications are necessary, but a reasonable level of maths and English would be useful.
Any practical skills, e.g. cookery, gardening, crafts, sport etc., the apprentice already has could be used in this role.
There MAY be a possibility of a permanent post with ESSL on completion of the apprenticeship. There is, however, no guarantee of this as it would depend on a vacancy arising within existing team.
By the end of the apprenticeship ESSL would hope that the apprentice has acquired a variety of transferrable skills that could be used in the care sector or other careers.
Things to consider
The apprentice will need to be prepared to travel across and work in different bases, in Hastings and Bexhill, – sometimes during the same working day – using their own transport or public transport.
The locations for this apprenticeship are as follows:
Reginald Road, TN39 3PH
Bohemia Road, TN37 6RB
Travelling expenses are payable between sites.
Reasonable travelling time will be included as part of the shift, from the time of arrival at the first site to the time of finishing your working day.
The apprentice will need to undergo an enhanced DBS check before being able to work alone with any client – this will be organised and paid for by ESSL soon after the apprentice has started work with us.
- Statutory paid holiday and sick leave
- Light meals and tea and coffee provided free of charge during working days.
About the employer
ESSL was established in 2008 and provides high quality supported accommodation to vulnerable adults all of whom have learning difficulties and/or mental health disabilities and who are unable to live completely independently.
ESSL is a client-led service and delivers support based on individual needs and goals set with clients and laid out in support plans.
ESSL works with clients to help increase their levels of confidence and independence whilst supporting them to maximise their quality of life.
ESSL monitors client’s health, well-being, and safety at all times.
Training provider EAST SUSSEX COLLEGE
Training to be provided
- Adult care Worker Level 2
- Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care
- Care Certificate
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grade D-E or level 3-2) unless exempt
- Apprenticeship Certificate (Pass, Merit or Distinction)
Apprenticeship standard: Adult care worker.
Apply for Adult Care Worker Apprentice
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly