5 days left
- Full Time
- Working week: 5 days to include Saturday morning on a rota, 38 hours per week
- Weekly wage: £168.75
- Expected duration: 18 months
- Possible start date: 17 Dec 2020
- Apprenticeship level: Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Positions: 1 available
The key tasks will include:
- Dealing with patients under varying circumstances
- Answer the telephone and deal with calls appropriately
- Arrange prescriptions via the computer
- Deal with enquiries – internal and external
- Open and distribute post
- Handle specimens and forms, ensuring the correct recording and storage
- Ensure the smooth running of the doctor’s surgery
- Arrange for admissions/domiciliary visits on behalf of the doctor when directed
- Arrange transport for patients attending hospital, etc., when directed
- Deal with enquiries from hospital doctors/consultants/nurses and secretaries
- Telephone patients on recall systems
- To operate the scanning machine for filing correspondence
- Photocopying medical records for solicitors, etc.
Requirements and prospects
The essential skills for the role include:
- Good IT skills
- An interest in customer relations
- Being able to work efficiently as part of a team
The essential personal qualities for the role include:
- Polite, presentable, and punctual
- Able to remain calm even when things get busy
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- Ability to know when to refer to more experienced colleagues
- Prepared to learn and gain experience
- A passion to work with the general public in a health care environment
- It is essential have GCSE (or equivalent) grades A*-C/9-4 in English and maths
There could potentially be a job that you could apply for at the end of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
Reliable access to transport would be desirable, as we have three sites.
There will be 4 weeks paid holiday + pro rota bank holidays.
For more information on the ANMW, please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Stonecross Medical Centre
NHS doctor's surgery in East Sussex, with the practice in a modern building.
Training provider EAST SUSSEX COLLEGE
Training to be provided
- Apprenticeship Certificate (Pass or Distinction)
- Customer Service Level 2 Diploma (optional)
- Level 1 Functional Skills in maths and English (equivalent to GCSE grade D-E or level 3-2) unless exempt.
Apprenticeship standard\; Customer service practitioner.
Apply for Apprentice Receptionist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly