Customer Installation Engineer
Customer Installation Engineer
Location: Crowborough, Uckfield
Salary: £24,000 to £30,000 depending on experience
Terms: Permanent full time
TRULY FIBRE, TRULY FAST
We're expanding our team as we transform broadband in Kent and beyond. If you'd like to join us on our exciting journey, we'd love to hear from you. We are building our own fibre optic networks to homes and businesses using Fibre to the Premises (FTTP) technology – this means we can offer our customers the highest speed and highest quality broadband services in the country – guaranteed! The Trooli networks are modern, future-proof and fit for the digital age.
We’re a small company with a very exciting future. The role holder will be responsible attending a customer’s premises on-time and according to an installation schedule to carry out a service installation.
- Provision of FTTP Broadband services in both residential and business premises
- Installation and splicing of fibre cabling both underground and overhead
- Deployment and commissioning of customer premises equipment including ONT and router
- Deliver professional and concise customer handover.
- Self-audit all works and ensure it meets all applicable technical and operational quality standards.
- Work efficiently and tidily, maintaining a clean environment a at all times.
- Respond effectively and appropriately to all customer requests and enquiries.
- Complete work to agreed time scales.
- Comply with Health & Safety standards.
- Ensure that all work activities comply with environmental regulations.
- Ensure the use of plant and tools are conducted in a safe manner, meeting the requirements for operation of the specific equipment.
- Comply with company Transport Policy
- Conduct daily checks of plant and tools, ensure they are safe to use and where applicable carry valid calibration certificates.
The role is principally working within a customer installation team. However, you may also be required to carry out cabling work on our core distribution network.
The successful applicant will have a proven track record of high-quality cabling work and excellent references, 3 years’ experience of cabling in BT Openreach ducts and infrastructure - both overhead and underground would be advantageous.
- NSRWA Unit 2 Signage, guarding and light desirable but not essential
- NSRWA Unit LA Avoidance of underground apparatus desirable but not essential
- IPAF MEWP Mobile Boom B3 desirable but not essential
- Knowledge and experience of working to BT Openreach standards and processes for underground safety, working at height and confined spaces would be advantageous
- Current qualification to work on BT Network or equivalent desirable
- Full clean driving license and age appropriate license to tow cable trailer.
Your personal attributes
- You will be able to develop excellent working relationships within your team, with your manager, and with other teams within Call Flow and Trooli.
- You strive to make efficiencies and work smarter.
- You have excellent organisation skills.
- You are a clear and concise communicator.
- You are physically fit to carry out manual handling
- ‘Can Do’ mindset with focus on customer satisfaction beyond expectations.
- A collaborative and innovative approach to service delivery and problem solving.
Your personal benefits
- Company van, tools, and uniform
- 25 days paid holiday, plus bank holidays
- Life insurance
- Sick pay
- Free parking
- Friendly working environment
- Opportunity to learn and take on more responsibilities as the company grows
- Integrity: be transparent and honest with our customers and with each other.
- Passion: be excited about what we do.
- Develop: Invest in each individual.
- Continual improvement: Work smarter, not harder.
- Proactive: take responsibility.
- Teamwork: support and collaboration.
- Quality: we do what we do well.
Trooli is a leading-edge technology company and as such we do not expect all our potential recruits to have experience in what we do. Don’t worry, we are looking for highly motivated people that are willing to learn and are excited by the prospect of a new challenge.
If you think you are the person we are looking for, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the closing date.