Product Manager, FX & Cross-Border Payments
2 days left
- Contract Type
American Express’s Commercial Product team is embarking on a mission to help its customers do business anywhere in the world with confidence. The team is embarking on a large-scale and ambitious digital transformation programme and we are looking for a Product Development Manager to be part of the team. The Role can be based in Burgess Hill or London.
You will work in a highly-dynamic and exciting environment and will have the opportunity to work on strategies for Cross-Border Payments. You will collaborate with partners in product and other teams, Marketing, Finance, Operations, Legal/Compliance, Risk, and Technologies to design world-class capabilities and solutions that offer a compliant and best in class customer experience.
- Design the right product construct, identify the capabilities and define features based on customer value propositions and journeys.
- Collaborate with regional product managers and commercial stakeholders to elaborate, evolve and validate the product constructs and designs.
- Collaborate with the Product Owners to deliver new capabilities and features and help drive the product vision, strategy and roadmap.
- Partner with our stakeholders. Establish relationships with our marketing, data, sales, technology, and compliance partners to understand their needs and advocate, as needed, for the optimal solution.
- Act as a subject matter expert for our product and processes, understanding the needs of our partners and their business processes, and trends in the market.
- Track and maintain KPIs and project statuses
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Experience working on interpreting customer value propositions and journeys to design the right product construct, identify the capabilities and define features.
- Ability to maintain an overall strategic trajectory and understanding.
- As part of discovery, ability to interpret analysis to derive strong requirements based on data.
- Clear communication skills (including Power Point) to explain complicated features simply to internal/external stakeholders.
- Successful in developing relationships, collaborating with and influencing a broad range of stakeholders for requirements gathering, resolving blockers and delivering capabilities.
- Driving results: Keen attention to deadlines and managing progress
- Business project management or business programme management experience.
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment.
- Strong experience in the payments industry.
- Treasury and cash management knowledge and experience would be an advantage.
- Technical/architecture background a plus but not essential.
- Intermediate Excel skills (pivot tables, look-ups, formulae).
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (free phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on 810 800 83 000038.