Part-Time Families Worker (18 hours per week)
We are looking to employ a Families worker
Part time and term time only
18 hours per week (plus 5 days in school holidays)
Salary of £12 per hour
An exciting opportunity for somebody to deepen and expand worship, educational and social activities for the children and young people of St Peter’s and the local community
A full job description can be found on our website
St Peter’s is a warm and friendly church situated between the sea and the south downs off the A27. There has been a house of prayer on our site since Saxon times. Worship at St Peter’s draws on both the Catholic and reformed traditions of the Church of England with the aim of making Jesus known and to meet the spiritual needs of the community. We welcome people of all ages and communities to join us.
Working closely with the Rector, to lead, equip and inspire the children and young people aged 0-13 of St Peter’s and the local community, helping them to deepen and expand their worship whilst providing educational and social activities.
- To encourage children and families to know Jesus, love Jesus and follow Jesus and grow as disciples in their worship and witness.
- To build and develop our work and worship with children and families
- To work with children beyond Sunday
- To support those families struggling in our parish
- Engaging with forthcoming Toad’s Hole Valley Development
- To proactively market the children’s provision at St Peter’s West Blatchington
- To act as a point of coordination for children’s work in the church
- To build relationships with parents and families in the congregation, especially those who are new to the Church.
- To increase the number and range of events and activities for our children (such as lego club, toddler group and holiday clubs).
- To be the main leader at Sunday School, Messy Church and Puppets club.
- To work with the Church’s safeguarding officer to ensure compliance with our policy.
- To recruit and support volunteers to work with the children in the various clubs.
- Committed Christian, with an understanding of the ethos of the Church of England
- Passionate about working with children and their families
- Excellent organisational skills, together with creativity and flexibility
- Good ability to network and build positive relationships with children & adults
- Experience of work (paid or voluntary) with children
- Self-motivated, with ability to work on own with minimum supervision, and also part of a team
- Ability to recruit, train & supervise volunteers
- Understanding of issues regarding safeguarding
Please email a covering letter and your CV to Mandy Gander: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 12th Feb, 2021
Interviews: End of February, 2021
Enhanced DBS disclosure is required for this post.
It is a genuine occupational requirement that the post holder is Christian.
Apply for Part-Time Families Worker (18 hours per week)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly