Talent Pool - Customer Claims Handler
Are you looking for a new career in 2021 with a fast-growing, dynamic insurance company? Well look no further! We’re always on the lookout for great talent to join our growing organisation.
We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.
As a group, we have a number of companies, which include our underwriter, broker and personal injury claims specialists and also our award-winning motor insurance broker, 1ST CENTRAL, which has successfully built a customer base of over three quarters of a million.
Our 2021 plans are to grow further, especially our Claims Customer division, and that’s why we’re starting early to attract top talent ready to join us in either February or March 2021.
You don’t need to have previous motor insurance or claims experience – we’re looking for people who have excellent customer service skills and can work hard to give our customers a seamless and positive journey. We’ll provide you with all the training you need to become a successful Claims Handler, while ongoing development opportunities and regular performance reviews will give you the opportunity to progress through the different levels within our Claims team.
We’d love to hear from you - good luck with your application!
*PLEASE NOTE: If you are applying interviews are likely to commence early February**
Customer Claims Handler responsibilities:
- Proactively record, process and settle claims and maintain files within our service standards
- Ensure that all files are reserved accurately and promptly
- Be personally responsible for ensuring the reserves fully reflect the level of damages on each file
- Process cheques on claims files as required and in accordance with your authorities
- Identify and champion potential fraudulent claims and action as per company guidelines
- Ensure liability is agreed within existing case law and accident circumstances
- Effectively negotiate with customers, suppliers and all relevant third-party representative
Customer Claims Handler Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrable experience in a customer service role, with proven strong customer service skills
- Complaint resolution is desirable but not essential
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem-solving skills with the ability to adopt a logical approach to resolving problems
- Understanding of motor insurance processes and the end-to-end customer claims process is desirable but not essential
- Great time management and organisation skills
- Desire to learn and develop through continuous training
- Embrace, embed and incorporate the Company Values
What can we do for you?
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- A day off for your birthday
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.
Are you the person we’re looking for? If so, we look forward to hearing from you. Apply today and we will be back in touch in 2021!
Want to know what it’s really like to work at First Central? Take a look at our Glassdoor reviews.