Who are we?
Paradox Place is a new visitor attraction launching in the Spring of 2021 and will be a museum of optical illusions, interactive artworks and magical wonders set in a four storey building in the heart of Brighton. The attraction will also feature a large gift shop accessible from the street. We are a small, independent and local business and we have previously set up the very popular escape room Pier Pressure. We are now expanding with an equally fun and quirky venture and are looking for someone to play a crucial role in establishing another successful venue.
What is the role?
The role of the General Manager will be to oversee all aspects of day-to-day running of the venue including leading a team of supervisors and experience makers. You will initially be supported by the directors and we will all work together to establish this new business, but eventually you will be required to manage it independently. You will be a key contributor to making this a success and we are looking for someone who is keen to be an integral part of an independent business. As we are a small business, the General Manager role will initially encompass a broad range of responsibilities (see below) but as we grow, funds will become available to hire a Deputy Manager to help spread the workload.
- Ensuring efficient operation of the venue
- Managing staff, including hiring, rotas, holidays, appraisals and disciplinaries
- Overseeing monthly KPIs and managing profits and losses to inform financial decisions
- Overseeing venue marketing
- Responsibility of all aspects of the business and working with a team to delegate key duties such as
- Shop stock levels
- Venue maintenance
- Customer service
- Running pop up events
Who are we looking for?
It is essential that you have at least 3 years previous experience as a manager.
Other desired skills and experience:
- Excellent communication skills and an approachable, energetic personality
- Experience in motivating and leading a team
- Ability to prioritise and multitask effectively
- High numeracy skills and confidence with financial responsibilities
- Confident user of Microsoft Office Suite
- Working 5 days a week
- Weekends compulsory
- Daytime shifts
- Base salary 28k with achievable profit-related bonuses of up to an additional £6k
- Location: North Laine, Central Brighton
- Parking space may be available
- 28 days annual holiday
Expected time scale
Application deadline Friday 15th January 2021
First round (telephone) and second round (face-to-face) interviews week commencing 18th January 2021
Third round interviews (prepared presentation) week commencing 25th January 2021
Role commences early March 2021
More searches like this
- Arts & Heritage General Management Permanent Full Time jobs in Brighton
- Museums & Galleries General Management Permanent Full Time jobs in Brighton
- Hospitality & Catering General Management Permanent Full Time jobs in Brighton
- Events & Entertainment General Management Permanent Full Time jobs in Brighton
- Leisure & Tourism General Management Permanent Full Time jobs in Brighton