Customer Care Professional Global New Accounts (German Speaking)
You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
Germany & Austria Global New Accounts (GNA) is looking for a highly motivated, engaged & enthusiastic Customer Care Professional to join their diverse team. As part of the Global Fraud & New Accounts network, we are part of a big team dotted across Europe & India.
This role involves the processing of new card applications which customers submitted to American Express for the German & Austrian market.
The role is divided into customer servicing and analyst role; supporting customers through the application process as well as processing and analysing the applications. This includes different administrative tasks as well as talking with customers over the phone.
You won’t just help customers.
You’ll help YOUR customers.
Every one of our Customer Care Professionals represents the American Express Brand. They take their work personally because they’re more than a friendly voice on the phone, they’re problem solvers and relationship builders. The people you’ll work with, and the customers you’ll care for, value your passion and unique personality as much as we do.
We put our customers first as our customers are our main priority. You will help and support your customers through their journey of being onboarded at American Express. You will be the friendly voice on the phone and answering written queries from our customers.
It’s impossible to list everything you’ll do here because every customer and every application is different. But a few things are clear, you’ll:
- Work in a flexible work environment
- Work in a diverse team that speaks over 13 different languages
- Update systems accurately and efficiently
- Process administrative tasks for pending applications
- Respond quickly and accurately to customer questions and issues over the phone or via e-mail
- Suggest new ways to improve processes, procedures & customer care
- You will not be afraid to challenge the status quo.
You must have the right to work in the UK before commencing employment at American Express. Further details and conditions will be shared on application.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Do you have what takes to build a career here?
- German language is essential (additional languages can be an advantage)
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to work in a fast-paced metric driven environment
- Proficient at multitasking and navigation in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Proficiency in MS Office – Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Customer service experience with exceptional listening and relationship building skills is an advantage.
Please note that our overall department opening hours are Monday to Friday from 7am – 8pm. This role will predominantly be supporting between 8am – 6pm during our Inbound Servicing hours. However, flexibility is needed.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (free phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on 810 800 83 000038.