Customer Service Professional - Merchant Terminal Enablement & Welcome to Amex
You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
As part of Global Partner and Premium Servicing, the Terminal Enablement and Welcome to Amex Team are responsible for driving card acceptance for new and existing merchants. You will be an essential part for our strategy to improve coverage across the UK and deliver exceptional customer service.
You will be responsible for performing outbound welcome or activation calls to merchants and help activate terminals and serve as escalation point for any technical issues making sure our merchants have a great first interaction with MSN. You will also be troubleshooting terminal issues for existing merchants.
The roles have the following key responsibilities:
- Managing daily case inventory to exceed targets to benefit both the business area and the merchant
- Preparing for an outbound activation call by completing terminal status checks on internal platforms (GAN, MCC) and through direct contact with the terminal provider/partner bank
- Working with the merchant to perform diagnostics on POS Terminals in accordance with the steps required for the type of terminal the merchant owns. The required outcome of these calls is to ensure the merchant can accept the American Express Card
- Outbound calling to recently acquired merchant to check for activation issues and help activate terminals
- Own issues presented by providing solutions and serve as escalation point. This may require liaison with our Business Partners/Partners/Terminal Owners in order to resolve these issues
- You will also be dealing with escalations from Internal Customers, via calls that have been received into our Telephone Service Centre or via Sales/CLM teams
- Find new ways to offer merchant customers a better experience
- Suggest new ways to improve processes and customer care
- Represent the MSN brand by welcoming and providing exemplary customer service
- Reinforce the American Express Premium Value Proposition, adding value in each interaction by highlighting competitive pricing and speed of pay structure, and ensuring our merchants understand the value of acceptance
There are multiple roles available and successful candidates will initially be assigned to work on Terminal Enablement or Welcome to Amex processes.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in a Servicing/Customer Service environment
- Proactive approach and can-do attitude
- Ability to handle objections and promote customer first ethos
- Highly organized
- Personal pride in driving results
- Proven ability to work under pressure to deadlines
- Fluent in English, spoken and written
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com.