Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust (SCFT) is the largest community healthcare provider in Sussex.
- 5,000 full and part time staff, with over 4,000 people registered on our bank
- Medical, nursing and therapeutic care provided to over 9,000 children and adults a day
- July 2018 Care Quality Commission (CQC) rating of 'Good' with 'Outstanding' features
- BAME, Disability, LGBT+ and Religion and Belief Staff Networks
- Disability Confident Employer - Level 2
We are looking for a motivated and hard-working individual to work as part of the Facilities team and ensure our standards are meet the National Specifications for Cleanliness in the NHS. The role involves cleaning the hospital in clinical and non-clinical areas and undertaking housekeeping/portering duties as required, and this position includes a considerable amount of manual handling and physical work.
Previous cleaning/housekeeping/portering experience would be an advantage, but not essential as full training will be provided. Please give FULL details of any relevant experience on your application form to assist us with the shortlisting process. Any fields left blank or incomplete will not be able to be scored.
Please apply online via NHS Jobs website. If you are unable to use a computer to apply online, please contact the RECRUITMENT DEPARTMENT on 01273 696011 extension 5008 (quoting the job reference number) and request a paper copy of the application form.
This post may close earlier than the published closing date if sufficient applications are received.
Correspondence relating to this vacancy will be conducted electronically. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please ensure that you check your emails on a regular basis. References will be requested electronically also; please ensure you provide correct contact details for referees.
The postholder will have access to vulnerable people in the course of their normal duties and as such this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Documents to download
- Facilities Assistant Job Description ( PDF , 208.4 KB )
- Facilities Assistant Person Specification ( PDF , 175.7 KB )
- About Us ( PDF , 743.4 KB )
- Staff Benefits Brochure ( PDF , 484.5 KB )