Specialist Nurse, Looked After Children
- Part Time
Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust (SCFT) is the largest community healthcare provider in Sussex.
- 5,000 full and part time staff, with over 4,000 people registered on our bank
- Medical, nursing and therapeutic care provided to over 9,000 children and adults a day
- July 2018 Care Quality Commission (CQC) rating of 'Good' with 'Outstanding' features
- BAME, Disability, LGBT+ and Religion and Belief Staff Networks
- Disability Confident Employer - Level 2
Specialist Nurse - Looked After Children - 22.5 hours per week
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced nurse to join our dedicated Looked After Children team in West Sussex. The team work with a range of providers including professionals from the education, social care and health sectors.
Applications from those with an interest in the health needs of young men and unaccompanied asylum-seeking children would be welcomed to complement the existing skills within the team.
The post holder will be responsible for a caseload of looked after children and young people. It is expected that they will autonomously undertake direct specialist clinical work including carrying out statutory health assessment reviews with looked after children. They will also be delivering training to foster carers and other health and social care professionals. An interest in and knowledge of looked after children and young people is essential.
Experience of safeguarding and multi-agency working is key to the role, as the team also take responsibility for children placed out of borough. This includes undertaking the health assessments and/or liaising with other agencies and services, coordinating effective care and acting as advocates where necessary.
This post may close earlier than the published closing date if sufficient applications are received.
Correspondence relating to this vacancy will be conducted electronically. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please ensure that you check your emails on a regular basis. References will be requested electronically also; please ensure you provide correct contact details for referees.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
- Job Description and Person Specification ( PDF , 548.1 KB )
- Job Description and Person Specification ( PDF , 548.0 KB )
- About Us ( PDF , 743.4 KB )
- Staff Benefits Brochure ( PDF , 484.5 KB )