Speech and Language Therapy Assistant
- Part Time
Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust (SCFT) is the largest community healthcare provider in Sussex.
- 5,000 full and part time staff, with over 4,000 people registered on our bank
- Medical, nursing and therapeutic care provided to over 9,000 children and adults a day
- July 2018 Care Quality Commission (CQC) rating of 'Good' with 'Outstanding' features
- BAME, Disability, LGBT+ and Religion and Belief Staff Networks
- Disability Confident Employer - Level 2
We are looking for an enthusiastic and well-organised Speech and Language Therapy Assistant to join our team on a part time basis, 18.75 hours per week.
The successful candidate will work under the supervision of our Speech and Language Therapists in our pre-school complex needs team based at the Worthing Hospital Child Development Centre. Previous experience of working with children with additional needs in nursery/school settings is essential.
Full training will be given, but the post holder must be able to self-reflect in order to develop and maintain competency to practice through continuing professional development. They must be a good communicator, enjoy playing with children and be willing to work flexibly as part of a team. Practicality, good initiative and the ability to solve problems on the spot would be an advantage. Good IT and admin skills are also an advantage.
The successful candidate will join a team of Speech and Language Therapists and Assistants across the costal strip of West Sussex which stretches from Littlehampton over to Shoreham and over the South Downs.
The post holder will be required to:
- Work with individual children under the guidance of a therapist
- Use electronic notes to write up therapy notes
- Demonstrate therapy to pre-school staff, school staff and parents face to face
- Demonstrate therapy to pre-school staff, school staff and parents virtually
- Make materials to be used in therapy
- Make IT-based resources, e.g. communication passports, PECS symbols
- Clean therapy equipment in accordance with SCFT's Infection Control Policy
- Assist in group work with children
- Attend and participate in team meetings
- Organise training sessions for pre-school staff/parents
Flexible working will be considered.
This post may close earlier than the published closing date if sufficient applications are received.
Correspondence relating to this vacancy will be conducted electronically. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please ensure that you check your emails on a regular basis. References will be requested electronically also; please ensure you provide correct contact details for referees.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
- JD & PS ( PDF , 476.5 KB )
- assistant PS ( PDF , 190.9 KB )
- About Us ( PDF , 743.4 KB )
- Staff Benefits Brochure ( PDF , 484.5 KB )