- Working week: 38 hours per week (to be discussed at interview - 1 evening 6pm-8pm may be required each week)
- Weekly wage: £157.70
- Expected duration: 18 months
- Possible start date: 07 Feb 2021
- Apprenticeship level: Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Positions: 1 available
The employer will be interviewing throughout the advertisement period so they apprenticeship may
start before the anticipated start date.
The key tasks will include (but are not limited to):
- Dealing with patients under varying circumstances at reception
- Answering the telephone and dealing with calls appropriately
- Arrange prescriptions via the computer
- Dealing with enquiries – internal and external
- Open and distribute post
- Handle specimens and forms, ensuring the correct recording and storage
- Arrange for domiciliary visits on behalf of the doctor when directed
- Telephone patients
- Operating the scanning machine for filing correspondence
- Photocopying medical records for solicitors, etc.
- Dealing with enquiries from hospital Doctors/Consultants/Nurses and Secretaries
- Operating the surgery computer system
- Organising events
- Ensure the smooth running of the Doctor’s surgery.
Requirements and prospects
- Good IT skills
- An interest in customer relations
- The ability to work efficiently as part of a team
- The ability to work well under pressure.
- Polite, presentable and punctual; confident and personable
- A passion to work with the general public in a health care environment.
- It is essential to have 3 GCSEs at grades 9-4, or A*-C.
- An initial assessment will be required before the apprenticeship begins to ensure the successful apprentice is at a high enough level to achieve the apprenticeship.
If we have a vacancy, any apprentice would be welcome to apply for the position.
Things to consider
Wages will be reviewed after 3 months.
About the employer
We are a busy GP surgery in Hampden Park and we pride ourselves on our excellent patient service and high standards. If you are looking to undertake a Diploma in Customer Services, we are offering a great opportunity to the right candidate to gain valuable experience and to learn all aspects of the administrative function of the surgery.
We have a friendly team of staff catering for over 11,700 patients and we look forward to welcoming an apprentice to our team. We will train you in all applicable areas, giving you a varied and interesting working environment and supporting you as you learn.
Please note that we do not employ staff who are registered as patients; if employment is offered it is on the condition that the member of staff moves to another GP practice.
Training provider: EAST SUSSEX COLLEGE GROUP
Training to be provided
- Apprenticeship Certificate (Pass or Distinction)
- Customer Service Level 2 Diploma (optional)
- Level 1 Functional Skills in maths and English (equivalent to GCSE grade D-E or level 3-2) unless exempt.
Apprenticeship standard: Customer service practitioner.
Apply for Apprentice Receptionist/Telephonist/Admin
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly