Digital Product Manager - Bupa Global
All internal applicants must have successfully completed their probation period (length of probation period is region dependant) before being able to apply for another role within the Bupa business. The expectation is that all internal applicants complete their induction, any extended training programme and have been in role for a minimum of 6-12 months (post probation period), before applying for another role internally. This allows time, post-probation, for employees to have made a contribution to the area of the business that originally recruited them. Any exceptions to these guidelines will be made according to business need and will be approved by the Head of Department. Internal applicants must inform their manager of their intention to apply for another role within Bupa.
Guidelines for applying for further internal roles, thereafter, will be dependent on business need and a conversation for the future between employee and manager. Standard practice will be for employees to be in any further role for a minimum of 12 months, in order to develop skills and experience, before applying for their next position within Bupa Global or the wider Bupa business.
Digital Product Manager role to join the team based in our central Brighton office. The role is responsible for owning the delivery and optimisation of digital journeys online. You will act as a digital partner to the business and use analytics and insights to drive improvements in the online journeys and ensure we are meeting mandatory delivery requirements.
Acting as a product owner for digital, you will have a commercial mindset accompanied with analytical thinking and have experience managing delivery work streams – piecing together analytics, content, UX/UI, design and brand.
- Work with relevant stakeholders to develop best in class delivery channel strategies, frameworks and plans for Bupa to effectively meet their business objectives
- Develop a deep understanding of our commercial priorities and targets and ensure we are optimising our platforms using proper insight
- Ensure complete alignment with the Digital team with regard to the Digital plan and work closely with the delivery teams to provide a pipeline of enhancements and initiatives to drive incremental commercial impact.
- Prioritise and plan potentially conflicting demands from various areas of the business in order to create a single consolidated and effective digital roadmap to ensure all business requirements are clear and can be delivered.
- Create and run an effective mechanism that ensures all key stakeholders are fully briefed on all aspects of digital activity and engaged with the Digital planning process.
- Work with the relevant stakeholders to identify and drive new business opportunities across new and existing channels.
- Manage 3rd party suppliers.
The ideal Candidate:
- Proven experience within a digital role
- Certified Scrum Product Owner desirable
- Deep understanding and enthusiasm for web technologies, digital trends and innovation is essential.
- Proficient in agile ways of working.
- Excellent stakeholder management with experience and ability to influence decisions at all levels, up to director level, essential.
- Experience of shaping digital portfolio and developing channel strategies driving digital transformation and delivering significant business benefits.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with a positive persuasive manner, capable of bringing others along with them.
- Able to demonstrate insights & data visually.
- Excellent at problem solving and decision making.
- Creative and strategic thinker.
- Working in a global environment (agency and/or client side).
- Budget and forecast management
- Degree educated in an associated field
About The Company
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives.
As a leading global health and care company, we offer health insurance, medical subscription and other health and care funding products; we run care homes, retirement and care villages, primary care, diagnostic and wellness centres, hospitals and dental clinics. We also provide workplace health services, home healthcare, health assessments and long-term condition management services. We have 32M customers globally. With no shareholders, we invest our profits to provide more and better healthcare and fulfil our purpose. We employ 86,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, New Zealand and Chile, as well as Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, India, and the USA.
We have grown significantly, particularly through 2013 to 2015, when we accelerated execution of our strategic vision. We are similar in revenue and profit to Marks & Spencer, and larger than Heinz in revenue. Because Bupa does not have shareholders it does not have a listing, but if it did it would be in the FTSE 100. Bupa is not a mutual or a charity but a company limited by guarantee that seeks to maximise its profits in order to fulfil its purpose. With customers in virtually every country in the world and 70% of its revenues now generated outside the UK, Bupa is a truly international organisation.
Bupa's Strategic Framework
Our strategy has three pillars: Customers, People, Performance. It puts our customers front and centre in the context of today’s digital age. As a service organisation, everything we do for our customers relies on our people and partners, so being a place where people love to work is critical to our success. This, combined with disciplined risk and capital management, is how we will deliver strong and sustainable performance. We are looking for individuals who share in our values and this strategy, and are capable of delivering outstanding results for the business.
Bupa Global provides products and services worldwide to people who want access to premium health and care at home or as they study, live, travel or work abroad. We provide international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance to individuals, small businesses and global corporate customers all around the world.
Bupa Global has over 1,800 employees and has offices in London and Brighton (UK), Miami (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Hong Kong (Greater China), and Dubai (UAE), as well as in Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador. Bupa Global is currently organised around five regional hubs: Bupa Global Africa, India & Middle East; Bupa Global Greater China; Bupa Global Latin America; Bupa Global North America and Bupa Global Europe.