Apprentice Commis Chef
- Working week: You will be working 40 hours split over 5 working days with shifts to include weekends. 40 hours per week.
- Weekly wage: £200.00
- Expected duration: 14 months
- Possible start date: 08 Mar 2021
- Apprenticeship level: Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Positions: 1 available
We have two very different outlets which would offer a unique learning environment for a potential apprentice, should the apprentice Choose to pursue one outlet over the other this would be encouraged and nurtured.
- Our meals on wheels service is a vital lifeline to our customers to which we ensure every meal is cooked fresh on site and would be considered to the same standard as any hotel or restaurant within its food bracket.
- We work with local farmers and butchers to ensure the best produce possible is used
- The apprentice will have the ability to visit these sites and see first-hand how we work with local suppliers and how we source our produce
- Our chefs and cooks work hard to ensure every meal is produced with care so attention to detail is a must
- Our exciting drive thru outlet 'Pronto' is a local first offering bistro quality food in a socially distanced setting the perfect opportunity to learn from some of the best local chef talent
- The apprentice will be encouraged to be involved with new product development (NPD) and ways to improve our service with a healthy can-do attitude
- The Pronto Bistro has a strong involved dessert and drinks section offering the ability to start or extend your barista skills or existing levels with Speciality Coffee Association qualified mentor.
Requirements and prospects
Previous catering experience of any manner would be useful but any evidence of a 'can do attitude' or 'up and at 'em' view on life would be look at most highly.
- Can do attitude, open to learn new skills and thought processes
- Happy to work in a close-knit team
- Passion for cooking and hospitality
GCSE Grade C/4 or above in English and maths or equivalent.
The Presto group is constantly growing and evolving, having exciting projects on the horizon. The opportunity to remain with the company is very much encouraged with many different areas of the business for any apprentice to grow into.
Things to consider
The Presto sit is based within Hailsham so local candidates should be able to travel to work with ease although the Pronto site is slightly outside Hailsham which would require your own of transport.
About the employer
PRESTO HOTMEALS LTD
The Presto group works through very different formats ensuring a very exciting working environment for current and potential employees alike. The main core of our business is meals on wheels providing homemade hot and chilled meals for the most vulnerable in our society. We make all our dishes on site with locally produced products where possible which as a company supporting local suppliers is a huge part of our mantra.
Another part of our business is our drive through Bistro which offers modern well put together dishes again using locally sourced produce from local growers and butchers. All of the drive through's dishes are thought out, tested then included in our menus by our amazing team of chefs. Our chefs come from many well-respected outlets ensuring modern, innovative dishes find a way to be enjoyed by our customers now that regular dining experiences are not available.
34 Station Road
Training provider EAST SUSSEX COLLEGE GROUP
Training to be provided
Level 2 Commis chef
You will be employed by the business and will undertake your learning as part of the working week. Your tutor will come to you and you won't need to attend college at all.
The programme is 14 months long and leads to a Level 2 Qualification.
You will have 20% of your paid time in 'off the job' learning and you may need to include English and maths into your apprenticeship.
Before applying for this apprenticeship, please note that we can only accept applications from candidates that have eligibility to work in the UK.
Apply for Apprentice Commis Chef
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly