Business Administration Apprentice
- Working week: 9.00 to 17.30 (could be flexible to fit transportation requirements), 37.5 hours per week
- Weekly wage: £175.00
- Expected duration: 24 months
- Possible start date: 01 Mar 2021
- Apprenticeship level: Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- Positions: 1 available
We will be interviewing throughout the advertisement period, with the aim for the successful candidate to be in post by March 2021.
The purpose of this role is to prepare, personalise and deliver communications.
- Working closely with our account director you will learn how to use Excel and Word to mail merge and manipulate data in order to create professional mailing campaigns, including personalisation to industry standards and effective quality control.
- Using our in house database programs and Microsoft Access we’ll show you how to clean and process data and teach you about GDPR and ICO.
- Sit, and pass, the IDM GDPR exam (within the first three months) plus our on-line Safe Interweb course.
- You’ll gain a thorough understanding of working practices for handling data and mailings, Royal Mail and Industry processing and handling procedures, including pricing and discounting.
- You’ll be involved in booking orders with couriers, distributors and delivery companies.
- You will learn to operate and run a range of Print and Mailing machines including digital colour printers and enclosing machines.
- The role is office based so you will get involved in some general office admin as well as filing and maintaining our data and records. You’ll also get to talk to our clients and suppliers by telephone and email and, as you progress, you will represent the company at meetings with clients and business events.
- Updating procedures.
- Working independently on client's campaigns.
Your salary will be reviewed every three months and there will be a job role at the end of the apprenticeship. You will also be able to go on to further studies.
Requirements and prospects
- Knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Understanding/experience of Microsoft Access/Database would be desirable
The role would suit someone who is interested in technology. The role would also be suitable for someone that has some previous administration experience.
- Detail orientated
- Numerate, good listener and communicator.
Our ideal candidate will be technically minded as the role includes working with printing and mailing
The essential qualifications include maths and English GCSEs, at grades A*-C (or equivalent).
It is desirable, although not essential to have A Levels in maths and English. A Computer Studies or
CBT qualification would be an advantage.
We have a reputation for taking on the right people at the end of their apprenticeship. We are particularly keen to hear from candidates who see their apprenticeship as a stepping stone to a permanent job. For the right candidate we will offer ongoing training and support when they take a permanent job with us to study for and obtain the industry recognised IDM qualifications.
Things to consider
We will increase your salary as your knowledge grows – we review apprentice’s salaries every three months. Successful apprentices can expect to be earning £13,000 per year by the time they
complete their apprenticeship.
When you’ve been with us for three months we will offer you flexitime. You’ll be able to flex your
work around our core hours to suit your lifestyle.
There is a cashplan scheme from day one to pay towards optical and dental treatment and a pension after 6 months.
This apprenticeship is completley based in the workplace. Instead of attending college you will meet with your assessor every 4-6 weeks. The only time college attendance will be required is if you need to take any Functional Skills maths and English exams.
Mailing Expert Limited
As one of the UK's most experienced direct mail companies, we have been offering print and design services, direct mailing services and marketing data services for decades. We can provide a complete end-to-end solution for all your direct mailing requirements, from printing leaflets and letterheads to cleansing marketing data, and delivering large scale international mailing campaigns to printing personalised postcards.
6 Horsted Square
Training provider EAST SUSSEX COLLEGE GROUP
Training to be provided
Apprenticeship Certificate (Pass or Distinction)
Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Business Administration (optional)
Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (equivalent to GCSE grade A-C or level 9-4) unless exempt.
Apprenticeship standard: Business Administrator.
Before applying for this apprenticeship, please note that we can only accept applications from candidates that have eligibility to work in the UK.
Apply for Business Administration Apprentice
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly