Apprentice Commis Chef
- Working week: To be discussed at interview. You will be working 2 days during the week, typical shift is 9am-4pm. There will also be evening shifts which are to be worked out. They will include Friday & Saturday evenings.
- Total hours per week: 35.00
- Weekly wage: £245.00
- Expected duration: 24 months
- Possible start date: 12 Apr 2021
- Apprenticeship level: Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Positions: 1 available
We are looking for a motivated individual that would be able to drive forward our transition into evening meals. You will be working under supervision and will be responsibilities of prep, serving and be influential in menu creation. Flexibility will also be required to work some daytime shifts during the week.
The role will include being one of the main drivers in the transition to evening food service. From Menu Planning, Preparation, Serving & Cleaning. Ideal for someone who loves a project with a tangible outcome relating to the work they have put in. Working within an established, young and friendly team the applicant will be quickly settled in to a fast paced, bustling café.
Duties will include:
- Preparing and cooking food
- Rotating through our kitchen sections under the supervision of the manager
- Understanding allergens and where they are found within our dishes
- Actively looking for ways to improve your skills and cooking techniques
- Support your colleagues in all areas of the kitchen team’s responsibilities, ensuring good teamwork
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and pride of work
- Be flexible and work competently and independently, undertaking and delivering all tasks and responsibilities to the expected college standard under supervision.
Requirements and prospects
- Working under time constraints
- Basic food prep
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Team Player
- The willingness to communicate clearly and effectively with a wide range of people
- An interest and enjoyment of food.
Development within the café, I am looking for chefs to pursue other projects soon.
Things to consider
Due to location there is a lack of public transport, so driving is preferable.
About the employer
Deer Park Cafe Ltd
The Deer Park Café is a small independently run café in Eridge. Its rural location attracts walkers and customers from neighbouring towns of Crowborough and Tunbridge Wells. We have a small team of about 4 FTE staff and are looking to move into the evening hours.
The Deer Park Cafe
Sham Farm Ro
Sham Farm Road
Training provider: EAST SUSSEX COLLEGE GROUP
Training to be provided
- Level 2 Commis Chef
- East Sussex College will provide the apprenticeship standard which will include the Diploma
- Functional Skills if required.
- East Sussex College will ensure Health & Safety, and Equality & Diversity.
Before applying for this apprenticeship, please note that we can only accept applications from candidates that have eligibility to work in the UK.
Apply for Apprentice Commis Chef
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Apprenticeship Apprenticeship Apprenticeship Full Time jobs in Tunbridge Wells
- Hospitality & Catering Apprenticeship Apprenticeship Full Time jobs in Tunbridge Wells
- Catering Apprenticeship Apprenticeship Full Time jobs in Tunbridge Wells
- Chef Apprenticeship Apprenticeship Full Time jobs in Tunbridge Wells